4.3 Spam rejection. WARNING!

Just a heads up. If you ever get a 4.3 spam rejection, then be prepared to have Apple reject ALL your future updates for ANY apps. I have just had an app twice rejected for spam.

“Your app provides the same feature set as many of the other apps you’ve submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language. Creating multiple Bundle IDs of the same app is not appropriate.”

Liars! The app I have twice had rejected is nothing (nothing!) like my other apps.

I hope Epic give them a good slap. I’ll stop typing now. Livid. Apple are bankers.

My reply. 3rd and final attempt. This is my message to Apple. 4.3 is all over the internet. :frowning:

Hello App Review Team,

I respectfully request you look at my app again. There is no feature in this app that resembles my other apps. It is NOT a quiz. I appreciate the logic behind 4.3. But this is, with respect, a spurious rejection. If you are reading this message then you know this app dos not do as you claim:

“Your app provides the same feature set as many of the other apps you’ve submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language. Creating multiple Bundle IDs of the same app is not appropriate.”

I urge and respectfully request you to please do the right thing here and either accept the app or reject it for a genuine reason.

Respectfully yours

In the last 4 years or so in these forums, I haven’t seen anyone else even mention 4.3.

Can you link your apps or share screenshots of them to give some context on this issue, because without having any information this is quite one-sided.

2 Likes

There has been some discussion about it on here, although admittedly not that much:

There is a lot of discussion about it online:
https://bit.ly/3l4ZH5M

I’m not overly keen on linking to my apps. You can take my word for it that my app that has been rejected twice in the last week for 4.3 spam rejection is a flat out wrong decision from the App Store reviewer. It’s either an automated rejection, or a lazy/incompetent reviewer. The rejected app is absolutely nothing whatsoever like my other apps. Nothing!

Overpass Apps discusses the frustrations of 4.3 in several videos. One here:

For my part, this post is a heads-up of what may be waiting for developers further down the line. The only solution, as I see it, is for me to comply with Apple and start using “container apps”. However, there’s some square pegs and round holes here as my latest (twice) rejected app does not fall within the bounds of a “container app”.

Time for me to adapt and thrive or throw in the towel. Something to ponder. Best wishes to you all with your future endeavours. :slight_smile:

I received a rejection in July when I submitted for TestFlight – it was 4.3 but not because what I submitted was similar to something I’d done, but because “…we have enough zodiac, astrology, fortune-telling, etc., apps in the store already. Make something else.”

I appealed and they let it into TestFlight, but since I knew they can stop you in the main review, I included the foundation of my appeal in the review notes when I got ready to release it, and it got through with no hiccups.

But that was the first time I’d been denied and it got me thinking about how screwed I am if Apple decides they don’t like me for any reason. Or don’t like a future app – I can spend weeks or months working on it and it could turn out to be a waste of time. Scary thought.

Jay

2 Likes

“…we have enough zodiac, astrology, fortune-telling, etc., apps in the store already. Make something else.”

Far too much power with Apple. I don’t say that out of spite given my recent dealings with them (they rejected my latest app three times on 4.3 and I’ve had to abandon it. Outrageous!). The intention behind 4.3 is honourable. But the implementation is atrocious. The canned responses they hide behind are useless. No real human interaction. I will be using ‘container’ apps going forward.

As you say, it’s a scary thought. No new development from me that lasts more than 6-8 weeks. I’d hate to be in the position of doing client work and get a 4.3 spam rejection. That would be highly problematic after having been paid by the client. Sigh. Best of luck to you going forward J_A_Whye. :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes