Add physics to a drawn line

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that is how he did it:

see_segments.png

Having the line fall would be a different trick. As you suggested you might consider connecting the objects together using joints.

I would not use a series of joints.  I’d connect all bodies to a single point on one object.

B–>A

C–>A

D–>A

Z–>A

Yeah it seems like it.

Not perfect, but that would be ok in a children’s game.
Plasma Pig is gone unfortunately (I really liked it), but I can’t remember if lines could intersect in that game.

Your test looked great by the way, except for the not rotating part :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip about the joints :slight_smile:

Blah!
Seems like using multiple weld joints makes the physics bodies scatter like crazy. It works when I draw a super short line, but not more.

Another thing is that for some reason I can’t seem to get the circles to create with the same distance (circleradius*=0.5). The faster I move the finger the more scattered the circles.

kinematic rects (act static for as long as need, then give velocity to simulate fall)

no chains, welds, multi-element bodies,…

Hmmm…that is clever. It could work. 

@sirmania

The project you are looking for is called “Crayon Physics”. Creates a single multi-element physical body for each line fragment. As @davebollinger suggested.

I share a copy of code that I DID NOT DO but I can not find the author online:

However, I remember that the file had no restrictions.

I’m glad when someone here helps me, and I’m glad to reciprocate.

I hope it help.

Million thanks, @maximo97  :smiley:

This is exactly what I was thinking about. And to get access to the code is just amazing.

I have been spending a lot of time figuring this out, but I realized it was just to complicated for me.

Now we can focus on the game, finally  B)