Build Error #1 - Plugins

@schizoid2k The “coronaBuilder.exe” command I use, with success, is following,

coronaBuilder plugins download --android-offline-plugins builderInput=build.json

where, “build.json” is the, I believe, parsed json file of “build.settings”. I have used, by trial-and-error and looking-for-source, the following “build.json”. I am not sure if every entry in this json file is required, but it seems to work for me.

{ "appName":"helloworld",
"appPackage":"com.solar2d.app.helloworld",
"build":"3600",
"buildData":"{
	\"isLaunchPadActive\":false,
	\"targetCertType\":\"developer\",
	\"targetPlatformVersion\":140300,
	\"debugBuildProcess\":5,
	\"targetDevice\":0,
	\"dailyBuildRevision\":3600,
	\"clientPlatform\":\"Win\",
	\"targetAppStore\":\"none\",
	\"targetPlatform\":1,
	\"plugins\":{
		\"plugin.GBCDataCabinet\":{
			\"publisherId\":\"com.gamesbycandlelight\"
		}, 
		\"plugin.Bytemap\":{
			\"publisherId\":\"com.xibalbastudios\"
		},
		\"CoronaProvider.native.popup.social\":{
			\"publisherId\":\"com.coronalabs\"
		}
	},
	\"dailyBuildYear\":2020,
	\"clientProductId\":\"basic\",
	\"appName\":\"helloworld\"
}",
"modernPlatform":"android",
"platform":"android",
"pluginPlatform":"android",
"destinationDirectory":"D:\\MySolar2DTest\\plugins" }

The “destinationDirectory” is where you would like the Android-only plugins to be copied to, after it gets downloaded to “…/Roaming/Solar2DPlugins/Caches/…” folder. I have included the 3 plugins I have tested with.

If successful, you can see all the 3 plugins get downloaded into the “Caches” and copied to your “destinationDirectory”.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

1 Like

@luantiang Thanks for the info, but no success. :cry:

No matter what I try, I get plugin errors. When I use CoronaBuilder command line, I see that it always tries to connect to the old Corona Marketplace to grab the plugins, and that fails.

@vlad Why would it be doing this? I tried this on my existing (previously working) development, and on a newly build Win10 machine as a test.

Well… here’s an update and its finally good news.

I tried every release hoping that the plugin issue I described above would go away, and it finally 2020.3607 did the trick! I can finally run my apps in the simulator and build Android apps without issue… with the exception of the Flurry plugin. Flurry will just not download.

So for all my apps, I disabled Flurry and rebuilt them all for the Android store. Everything seems operational (for now). I am not upgrading from this version for a while. :grinning:

I am not sure what was happening or what fixed the problem. I do notice there are some other “Build Error 1” and plugin threads recently on the forums. The errors that were showing in the console for my issue were somewhat generic that it was difficult to troubleshoot. Even trying everyone’s suggestions to download the plugins manually and/or using the newer build.settings URL strings did not help.

For my sake, I hope to get 2 more apps compiled over the next few days and then my Android appts will be up to date and will pass he store requirements.

failed to find mfc140u.dll
dll is in system32 and on the PATH env
Win10 64bit

Latest solar2d builds should have this files in root of the distribution. Try copying them near coronabuilder.exe

I have tried to copy win/system32 ones - another crash.
But ones from the distribution root works! Thanks.
Build is working now.

I have installed multiple versions of Microsoft Visual C++
now everything works