iTunes Connect tells me “The error message you received clearly indicates that the bundle ID you are using is invalid. This must be corrected, among other things, in Xcode. If you are unfamiliar with Xcode you will want to seek assistance from your programmer.”.
I’ve told them I am not using XCode but they are not hearing me. What is invalid about it is a mystery to me.
Yes, the Corona build screen. I don’t need to see your existing app. We just need to figure out why you’re getting this error…
It would also be helpful to see the contents of your /User/yourname/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles folder too and see how that matches up with the pull down on your Code Signing properties on the build screen, but lets start with that screen shot.
Why are there .pdf files, and a main.lua there. This folder should only have .mobileprovision files. I don’t know why it’s showing duplicates. That should not be possible.
And to make sure, if you go to the Apple Provisioning Portal where you created these profiles, Bluebear_Free_Version is using a different AppID than the one in your existing app.
I am thinking that I need to hire someone to do this for me. I did not have these problems with the existing app and, obviously, I am technically in over my head. My technical experience is limited to html, wordpress, some javascript. I find this process opaque, convoluted, confusing. Can you recommend someone who can finish the uploading of this free version, then also take the existing app and building it for Android? Seems like a simple thing that I am not able to accomplish. And, my time is running out. I really can’t give this too much more time. The production of this book began 12 months ago.
It was the example file folder. I removed all the code and just left the example files sitting amongst the icons and all was ok. App still works, just untidy. Any ideas how to make it tidy again?
I am having the same trouble. There is no example file folder; I don’t know what you are talking about there. It just keeps telling me the bundle id is invalid. I tried starting over and now I have two projects that I can’t upload.
Was your folder (that you removed) named with a space, as in “example folder”? @zentemple, do you have a folder with a space or other non-standard characters in it?
The zip file has no spaces in it. It is in a folder named Bluebear Lite. The zip file is called BluebearFreeVersion.zip. I am not uploading folders, just the zip file.
If by bundle you mean the zip file that Corona created from, I assume, my Build folder, no. No spaces.
I get these kind of errors:
“Unable to authenticat the package: 773896520.itmsp”
"ERROR ITMS-9000: This bundle is invalid. The bundle identifier is already in use by a different software package. at SoftwareAssets (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage)
ERROR ITMS-9000: The bundle identifier cannot be changed from the current value, ‘com.leolabook.bluebearlite’. If you want to change your bundle identifier, you will need to create a new application in iTunes Connect at SoftwareAssets (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage)
I thought zen said “It is in a folder named Bluebear Lite.”
Which is a folder with a space in the name, which would cause it to break(?) If that’s the root folder, other filename issues would be case-sensitivity (upper/lower case names), hyphens-dashes, apostrophes, ANY punctuation would likely cause a problem, spaces as brent said… (any of these in folder or filenames will cause a problem).