Error in Building with Appodeal

@agramonte, thanks a lot for testing and letting me know. After your post, I took the plugin settings from solar2dplugins.com and solar2dmarketplace.com, and the built worked :slight_smile: I also uploaded as an internal test and tested on a device, everything seems to be working! Probably the ones I was using had conflict with the library. Writing this I remembered that I had disabled requiring Notifications and FirebaseAnalytics plugins inside the code. I’ll enable them and test again.

Thanks a lot one more time!

1 Like

Hello
Could you help me please
We use your appodealAdaptersA plugin
but as I understand correctly it contains Vungle
Google Play don’t like Vungle now and delete some of our apps for this reason.
How can I exclude Vungle in build settings?

Best regards

If you are using it from Github there is no Vungle in adapter A or B.

Adapter A:

amazon_ads:2.8.1.2
applovin:2.8.1.9
admob:2.8.1.8
mraid:2.8.1.2
unity_ads:2.8.1.7
vast:2.8.1.2
adcolony:2.8.1.8

Adapter B:

facebook:2.8.1.8’
ogury:2.8.1.6’
ironsource:2.8.1.8’
startapp:2.8.1.7’

It takes me considerable time to update the plugins in Solar2dPlugin, but I can help you if you need it working from Github.

1 Like

Thank you for reply.
Could you tell me how to know what ads SDK inside this version of plugin https://www.solar2dplugins.com/plugins/appodeal-274---adapters-a ?

According to the documentation, it’s got:
– Amazon
– AppLovin
– Chartboost
– Admob
– UnityAds
– Vungle
If you’re concerned about Vungle, Google doesn’t have a problem with Vungle in general- it’s our outdated version of the plugin specifically that gets apps pulled from the Play Store. Our version has the potential to allow side loading, which is a violation of Play Store policies. Presumably @agramonte is using a more-current version, but you’d need to double-check with him.

The official version has been updated as far my version on Solar2dMarketPlace (which I don’t update):

Vungle to 6.4.11 (latest that I can find on Appodeal Site).

My version on GitHub:

Does not include Vungle.

In that case, DO NO USE the Adapters-A plugin with builds targeting Google Play.
From a correspondence I received from Vungle on May 8, 2020:

In Vungle’s SDK versions prior to SDK 6.5, there was a capability for Publishers for Android apps called “Side-Loading.” This feature will no longer be supported by Google. Therefore, we are asking Publishers on SDK versions lower than SDK 6.5 to upgrade to SDK 6.5 or higher as soon as possible.

Presuming Appodeal’s version numbering lines up with Vungle’s, their version still allows side-loading and will result in your app being pulled from the Play Store and a strike against your developer account.

This will happen even if you upload a build into an internal testing channel, so everything to do with Vungle needs to be treated with extreme caution.

1 Like

Again. I want to mention that I am not updating the version on the marketplace. It is just too much work. I also can’t take it down because it does not allow me to.

The version on Github does not have Vungle and in any case, the official version is now up to date. This entire conversation is much to do about nothing.

Either use my version on Github or use the official version.

Agreed, but if Appodeal’s most-current version of Vungle is still 6.4.11, people still shouldn’t be including it in Google Play builds. (A braver developer than I am is welcome to test that out- I already talked my way out of trouble in December owing to Vungle/Appodeal, and I’m not eager to repeat the experience.)

I agree with you. I would avoid Vungle for the Appodeal build since even their latest version appears to be 6.4.11

1 Like