HTML5 For Business Portals - Sharing a success story

Hello Everyone,

I never thought I would be able to use Solar2D HTML5 builds for business apps, I thought it was only made for small games on web … Well happily I was wrong!

I made 2 portals so far for my clients … one of them is meant to be used on desktop PC browsers, It is great with login screen integrated with SMS for verification etc. But still the blurry images and text issues are not solved there, I believe It will be soon.

As for my new portal I believe it is cool.
It is meant to be viewed and used on phones, and it looks great on phones … no blurriness … crystal clear
I faced so many problems but thanks to you guys and thanks to JavaScript I managed to solve almost all issues … rest of the issues are browser related some on all phones and some on a few.

It is a dynamic menu system for restaurants and Cafes, where data is uploaded and edited using a VB.Net Desktop system, which reflects immediately on the portal
Restaurant or Cafe owners have an android app to Edit their menu easily

End users or restaurant clients scan a QR code in the restaurant to view the menu, or follow a link on social media to view and order from the menu
It’s Bilingual, it will enable you to call restaurant or place an order via a WhatsApp message

It is working as SAS (Software as a service which means I’m getting annual deals with Restaurant owners to upload their menus, and it is taking a few hours to upload large complicated menus and a few minutes to upload small ones) … it is so powerful, great performance, and simple to use

I just wanted to share this with you all, specially for those who have no experience in web development like myself.

The whole system including the 2 portals (main showing all restaurants and specific restaurant page) ,the android app, the VB.Net admin system, backend webservices and database took less than a month to build … I believe solar2d is so powerful :slight_smile:

This is the portal, and those are real restaurants and Cafes in Jordan, click on any restaurant to view it’s menu … once there switch to English (the default is Arabic) … you can scroll through categories and items…

https://jomenu.store/

6 Likes

Very nice. How did you solve the blurriness problem?

You can find it here