Huge problem ! Enemy/Tile coordination

Sorry, I was reacting to the trouble report that got filed and didn’t have any updates saying it was fixed.

Rob

It was fixed in a minute, so there was no trouble. I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Doesn’t work for me ??? I tried selecting different layers but it doesn’t hide anything at all, how did you proceed ?

mte.loadMap(mappath.."level1.tmx") -- load our map local layerObjects = mte.getLayerObj({layer = 3}) layerObjects[1].isVisible = false background:toFront()

I added the 2 middle lines inbetween your game.lua, I just started over your .zip planted those 2 lines in and it hides your entire “devant” layer. The layer number is for the way the layers are in Tiled. And you can still see the static wall objects even though they are hidden so it keeps the properties of the tiles.

Hello Azmar, thank you for your reply.

The layer=3 doesn’t hide the “devant” layer. I had to change it to 4.

And the layer I want to hide is the first in Tiled, the “switchs” layer. So I changed it to 5 randomly and I can see it hides only the “E” tiles, not the “F” nor “P”. So what’s happening, why doesn’t it hide the whole layer ? 

You sure the F and P are on that same exact layer? Cuz its hiding everything for me, I just tried it with all your tiles and it hides them. The only thing I noticed is if it has bodyType Dynamic and you try to hide it, it falls because of the gravity in your game and it draws them falling even though they should be invisible.  But works perfectly for bodyType static, could send Dyson a message to send a bug for the dynamic part and falling with gravity.

Yup, I’m sure of that, because when I hide the “switch” layer in Tiled, F, P and E hide. Also, concerning the bug, I think it’s normal as it keeps the physics properties. What you see I surely because of the “hybrid” physics mode…

So have you got any idea concerning this problem ? :confused: