IAP not working correctly with Corona-2019.3528 and IOS 13

Any news on this? I’m experiencing a drop in IAP sales with older apps (online for months!) and wonder if this could be connected!?

@d.mach, in your particular case, you should just implement analytics to different points in your app.

For instance, if you track whenever a player presses any purchase button, and then you also track what action they take afterwards, e.g. complete the purchase, cancel it, or an error occurs, etc. then you can easily deduce what is going on in your apps. It could simply be the case that fewer people are buying in-app purchases in your apps (the reason for which could be found via analytics or customer feedback/surveys), or it could be that something is broken, but if you had the analytics in place, you’d know for certain.

Thanks, but most of the apps are for kids and Apple don’t allow any third-party analytics for those apps soon which is why we have removed all analytics.

I hope the drop is nothing permanent and has nothing to do with the new iOS.

Why not setup first party tracking for something so important as iap?

with the kids apps we wanted to be on the safe side. We are still not sure what changes Apple will make in March 2020.

How are you doing this 1party?

Simplest approach is to create a local json file that you store events to. Then at your discretion you send the data to your server. When youve received the data on your server you send a message back to the app that the data was received. Then you can delete the local data and store new events. There are tons of ways to so this.

Is this working now? I have to do some updates soon and don’t want to break working apps. :stuck_out_tongue:

My experience with 3555 targeting 13.2 is that IAP has become somewhat unreliable.

On devices running iOS 9, when I make a purchase I get success about half the time, and crashes the other half. It is not related to what I try to buy- things that worked five minutes ago will suddenly crash.

On devices running iOS 11 or better, everything works great for me and my testers, but I just got an App Store rejection because half of the IAP returned “Transaction Failed - No response from the app store.” on the tester’s device. (iPad running 13.2)

I’m using IAP Badger, which has been working great for a long time and I haven’t made and changes since the last update other than add additional puzzles (no new IAP) so it feels like this is some hiccup between the new Apple IAP plugin and 13.2.

Does anybody have any insight?

There was another thread where Vlad chimed in that this appears to be a timeout issue with Apple’s IAP servers. Some transactions just take a very long time for some reason and we have little insight into the cause.

Rob

What to do? On iOS 13.2.3 does not work. When checking, apple writes the following:

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs when reviewed on iPad running iOS 13.2.3 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, no action occurred when we tapped on your in-app purchases.

Are you testing on an iOS 13.2.3 device?

You can add debugging print statements and get them from the device’s console log.

Without that, there is very little anyone can do to help you with this. If you don’t have a device to test on, you can use TestFlight and see if another developer can help you find the problem.

Rob 

I just purchased something from my 10.2.3 device from one of my apps. And it worked as expected. That particular app was built with 2019.3540

We are testing iPad running iOS 13.2.3 on Wi-Fi and everything works. There are no errors in the console, everything is fine. But Apple writes that the error and the purchase does not work, for a couple of days now we can’t understand what the problem is.

I am having a similar problem- IAP works fine for testers, fails in App Review- and I reached out to a member of Apple’s Developer Technical Support staff who was kind enough to give me a few minutes of his time without my having filed an official Technical Support Incident. We determined that the SKProductRequest call was successful. (I could see that localized pricing was being displayed in the screenshot that accompanied the rejection.) He felt that the most likely culprit was that the app was not correctly validating the appStoreReceipt and directed me to an Apple Technical Note that included the very prominently statement: “Important: The App Review team reviews apps in the sandbox.”

This makes me wonder if the trouble we’re experiencing is that receipt validation is happening correctly for Production, but not for the Sandbox?

I did a build in October that passed App Review, and I can’t pass now.

So at the moment we can build using Corona 2019.3476 targeting iOS SDK 12.1 and this should solve the problem?

That’s what I thought, but a build I submitted last week made with Corona 2019.3476 targeting iOS SDK 12.1 was rejected. That said, go ahead and give it a go- you’ve got nothing to lose except 15 minutes out of your day.

colinmorgan, yes, you’re right, the same thing did not help :(  Rob Miracle we all need your help. I asked the console log from the apple until I received a response. Thank you.

Apple magic has happened today and our Draw Rider Plus game has gone through a review. Yesterday, Apple wrote the same thing that nothing works, I wrote to them that the game was made in the Corona SDK. And today, lo and behold! Game released :slight_smile:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/draw-rider-plus/id629059031

That’s great news! I’ll try the same thing. Can you be more explicit about what you wrote?

Also, what Corona build did you use, and which iOS version did you target?

Corona 2019.3476 targeting iOS SDK 12.1.
Can you write an error log? This will help a lot. The game is made in corona sdk. We are trying to solve the problem with the developers of the engine. Thanks.
At first the review did not go through. And then they wrote nothing and the game went through a review :slight_smile: