In Memoriam: LuaGlider

@Paul, Thanks for your response.  I have attempted to run the sample code included with the ZeroBrane install to no avail: I get an error message "can’t find ‘main.lua’ file in the current project folder.’  The file is open in ZeroBrane at the time of attempt, as is demo.lua.

I do have the mobdebug statement in main.lua, and it’s still unable to move beyond the initial splash screen.  Further digging on this site and others have shown that this could have something to do with “localhost:8172 connection refused,” but Corona Debugger, Corona Simulator, ZBS and LuaGlider are all already permitted to communicate through Windows Firewall.

Update: With ZBS open but not running, I went into Windows Firewall settings again and toggled the relevant programs’ access on/off then resaved.  Trying to run the sample code in ZBS caused it to crash (as might be expected).  However, upon reopening ZBS it now runs/debugs!  I haven’t tested live debugging nor checked to see if the demo works now (no sense looking a gift horse in the mouth), but rejoice in having this much functionality :slight_smile:  

Might this be a Windows 10 “feature?”  I’ve run into similar problems since upgrading to Windows 10, where driver updates/ OS flags can be set by the user but aren’t recorded until redone.

Thanks again; I hope ZBS becomes a favorite tool in the near future, for both me and others.  Enjoy your weekend :slight_smile:

> I get an error message "can’t find ‘main.lua’ file in the current project folder.’

@myob, sounds like you resolved your issues; thank you for the update! With regard to this error, just make sure that the project directory is set to the folder with main.lua. You can either use “Project | Project Directory | Set From Current File” (assuming the current file is main.lua) or “Project | Project Directory | Choose…” and select the desired directory. There are also buttons for both of these functions on the toolbar (right above the Project panel). Paul.

Downloaded ZeroBrane and so far I am loving it… definitely going to buy.  Last night I had about 4 Glider freezes within 10 minutes, so that’s it for me.

One thing… is there any way to do syntax highlighting on build.settings?

thanks!

> One thing… is there any way to do syntax highlighting on build.settings?

@schizoid2k, you can add something like this to the IDE config (Edit | Preferences | Settings: User):

local luaspec = ide.specs.lua
luaspec.exts[#luaspec.exts+1] = “settings”

Paul

It works! Awesome, thanks. It so much easier to work with that file now.

Just purchased, by the way. 

Great IDE for my PC and Mac!

Thanks @schizoid2k! Glad you are enjoying it…