iOS Appodeal plugin device crash

I’ll try to fix it for you. I know generally what the issue is. I don’t think you’ll find it the way you are doing it.

Follow this path on your machine:
/Users//Solar2DPlugins/Caches/Solar2Directory/coronalabs/com.coronalabs/plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob/iphone

Replace the file you find there with the file that I have attached:
data.tgz (9.4 MB)

And build with non-metal (not sure it matters but I can’t build anything with Metal so I only tested with non-metal).

Let me know what happens.

The last one you sent me works as expected.

Sorry for the late report.
I was checking for other problems.

When I replaced it with the data.tgz sent by agramonte, the crash did not occur. And I also confirmed that the google advertisement is displayed.
I’ve also checked Android and it works perfectly as well.
I thank you for your cooperation.

Does this mean there was something wrong with the plugin? Should I wait for the plugin to be fixed?

I don’t manage that plug-in so I don’t know when it will be fixed. I know there use to be some scripts that update it. So me updating it does not help. But as long as you don’t replace the file I sent you, you should be ok.

Thank you, agramonte.

Can you let the admin of this plugin tell you what’s wrong?

All I did was repackage the Admob adapter with the latest items from the Appodeal site. It does not use the FBPromise library that was having the issue.

I was told by vlad to contact Scott about this issue.

vlad: Please write to Scott about this issue if you may. He did latest update of Appodeal plugin

It may not be something to ask here, but is Scott Mr. Scott_Harrison? Or another Scott?

I did an iOS build with Appodeal right after this issue was posted and didn’t have a problem. Is this something that’s liable to be a problem going forward, or is it more in the category of “Hiccup”?

Whether or not you have a problem depends on what other plugins you use and what is cached on your machine.

He is referring to me, will look at this in a bit

@Scott_Harrison You can probably take my folder and update what you have in the repo. Although I only did light testing it seems to work ok. I was not able to test on Metal though since all I get is a black screen.

The plugin was forced to update and this issue occurred again.
I replaced it with the data.tgz created by Agramonte before and solved it, but hasn’t the fundamental solution yet?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.