iPhone 11 Pro Max Screen shots in simulator

Hi all,

I am trying to publish an app to the app store and I need to produce some screenshots for a 6.5" device (iphone 11 or XR). I don’t have an iphone 11 so I thought the simulator would help. The simulator doesn’t have an iphone 11 setting so I used a custom device and I set the resolution to: 1242 x 2688 (according to https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/devd274dd925)

When I produce the screenshots, the app store rejected them due to incorrect size. I checked the size and it was: 1242 x 2690.  (2 pixels too big)

I downloaded the latest daily build (2020.3575) but still the same.

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks.

If the images are 2 pixels too big then why dont you just clip them 2 pixels? No one will notice.

Thanks @pixec. That is a possible solution, but it would be better if the screenshots can be produced in one step.

It also may indicate a bug in the simulator. Probably not a big bug but I thought I should mention it in case someone else had the same problem and found a solution for it.

You can build it to run on the Xcode iOS simulator and see if that’s different.

Was it 2 pixels too wide and 2 pixels too short? If so then it could be that it accidentally uses adds a pixel to every edge ie it takes the borders too.

@pixec

It was just 2 pixels too wide. Probably just stretched by 2 pixels.

I also noticed that when I set it to the predefined ipad pro (2048 x 2732) the resolution in the snapshot was (2043 x 2732).

In this case it was 5 pixels too narrow!!

Since no one else complained about this before, I am assuming it is my build.settings or config.lua that is causing the issue. 

@Quantumwave

Thanks for the suggestion. The reason I like the Corona Simulator is that you can produce the screenshot and it will go into the sandbox folder, so it is easy to find the file and copy it. I haven’t used the xcode simulator before so if it produces a screenshot, I have no clue where to find the file.

Now that sounds weird and is prolly a bug

Actual iPhone 11 screen resolution is: 1792‑by‑828‑pixel resolution at 326 ppi

https://www.apple.com/iphone-11/specs/

In Apple’s iOS Simulator, you simply press Cmd-S and the screenshot is saved to the desktop.

If you want to include the device bezels in the screenshot, make sure it is enabled (from the Window menu). Then press Cmd-Shift-4 then Space and click on the Simulator windows (hold down Cmd key to exclude the device info at the bottom). The screenshot is saved to the desktop as usual.

For the App Store screenshots, you can place the captured screenshot into an actual image with your text or other graphics at the exact dimensions.

Dave

This has been a bug for so long I have a script in Photoshop to deal with it - Corona won’t.

That is strange. If the resolution is 1792 x 828, then why do they ask for a screenshot that is 2688 x 1242 ?!

https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/devd274dd925

@SGS

Thanks for the info. It will save me the time I was going to spend debugging my build/config files.