Lines between my tiles?

I still don’t understand why this doesn’t work, I followed your instructions to a tee :frowning:

Here’s what I did:

1) Loaded the tileset image into Photoshop and added the 1px ring around the tiles, as suggested in 1-1 and 1-2.
2) Saved out an @2x version of the modified tileset image, as suggested in 1-3.
3) According to the steps that you took, it should be working right now, but it isn’t. Damn!
4) Recreated my level, just to be sure. I also made sure to get the margin (1px), spacing (2px), and offset (0/0px) settings correct when importing the tileset. Everything looks great in Tiled.
5) Re-downloaded the Lime 3.5 beta and added the fresh files to my project folder.
6) Opened the brand new ‘lime-tileSet.lua’ file and copied your options table into the correct location.
7) Does it work? Nope nope nope! Still getting the exact same error. D:

Is there somewhere that I can email you a copy of the project which includes the Lime files? It will be interesting to see if my complete project does / doesn’t run on your end. I’m pretty sure there’s absolutely nothing I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for the continued help! [import]uid: 12217 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 126975[/import]

See my explanation two posts above as to why that error is occurring. I’m pretty sure that’s why it’s happening.

In reality, your sprite sheet has 8 tiles. But since (200 / 48) * (100 / 48) = 8.68 = ~9. That’s where the 9 is coming from. Lime doesn’t realize that the borders don’t count towards a tile. I bet the simple fix would be to go where self.tileCount is calculated, and add 2 to the tile size so that it reads [200 / (48 + 2)] * [100 / (48 + 2)] = 8. Corona should know how to worry about the border after that, and the problem should be fixed. :smiley: [import]uid: 103624 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 126991[/import]

I disagree; while your math is sound, I don’t believe Lime is actually using filesize to determine the number of tiles (based on what I can tell, it’s actually pulling that information from the Tiled file during the import phase). But I’ll take a closer look later today.

Regardless, I didn’t run into his problem despite using his own source files and assets so I’m inclined to believe it’s something else.

Simon which version of Corona are you running?

(namenonumbers) -at- moogle dot net [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 126995[/import]

Thanks for the help.

I tried your solution, lKinx, and the error is gone! :slight_smile: Which is really confusing, because richard9 didn’t run into this problem at all, even when using my assets.

I made a slight change to line 186 in the ‘lime-tileSet.lua’ file.

Original line 186:
[lua]self.tileCount = ( self.width / self.tilewidth ) * ( self.height / self.tileheight )[/lua]

Modified line 186:
[lua]self.tileCount = ( self.width / (self.tilewidth+2) ) * ( self.height / (self.tileheight+2) )[/lua]

richard9:

At the time of my first post I was using a week old daily build, but I tried downgrading to the latest public release and now I’m using the latest daily build. No version has had an effect on the error.

Emailed you my project files.
[import]uid: 12217 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 126997[/import]

Hey Simon,

I just tested your zip package on Windows, and got exactly the error message you described. So no, you were not going crazy! :wink:

I really, really insist that you file a bug with Corona Labs. It’s easy (there’s a link at the top of this website!) and you can submit in like two minutes if you just attach the zip file you sent me. (I believe it will insist you attach some code as well; just attach main.lua there but include the exact zip file you sent me in the “additional attachments”.)

Don’t worry about your file contents; obviously they work with Lime from time to time; the key here is just to explain that there is clearly something broken in the Windows build that is *not* broken in the OSX build. Since all they have to do is try to run the project files in the zip it should become apparent to them in like 2 seconds. :slight_smile:

(I’d file it for you, but it’s not my code…) [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 127220[/import]

Simon, I tried your project; literally just opened the zip and it works; I’m still running 883 but I haven’t heard of any change Corona side to the border stuff since then.

I’d look into it more but it seems Corona Labs completely changed how builds work and now it’s incompatible with SublimeText2…so I need to figure out a workaround there first.

EDIT: Well damn, they really made a mess of this, I understand this is probably related to the terminal changes but now it needs an install guide so I know how to use Corona at all on OSX.

Anyway I tried to manually run your program from the zip directory and it runs fine, no error message on the terminal apart from the usual ui.lua nonsense [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 127061[/import]

Odd! Hopefully we can figure out at some point why the error is occurring. Maybe its a difference between the Windows / OSX versions of the simulator?

For now lKinx’s solution works great. [import]uid: 12217 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 127067[/import]

Hey Simon,

I just tested your zip package on Windows, and got exactly the error message you described. So no, you were not going crazy! :wink:

I really, really insist that you file a bug with Corona Labs. It’s easy (there’s a link at the top of this website!) and you can submit in like two minutes if you just attach the zip file you sent me. (I believe it will insist you attach some code as well; just attach main.lua there but include the exact zip file you sent me in the “additional attachments”.)

Don’t worry about your file contents; obviously they work with Lime from time to time; the key here is just to explain that there is clearly something broken in the Windows build that is *not* broken in the OSX build. Since all they have to do is try to run the project files in the zip it should become apparent to them in like 2 seconds. :slight_smile:

(I’d file it for you, but it’s not my code…) [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 127220[/import]

Thanks for confirming that I’m not going crazy, richard9. :wink:

I submitted a bug report as you suggested.

Perhaps someone should put all of this information into a new post / thread so that others don’t have to wade through so much information to extract the necessary bits? [import]uid: 12217 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 127418[/import]

Thanks for confirming that I’m not going crazy, richard9. :wink:

I submitted a bug report as you suggested.

Perhaps someone should put all of this information into a new post / thread so that others don’t have to wade through so much information to extract the necessary bits? [import]uid: 12217 topic_id: 10803 reply_id: 127418[/import]