MTE + Coronastein3D + Price Increase?

Thanks for the info - either way, this looks really cool.

• C

My preference would be the 3 options as Ksan suggested. Prices from Ksan or jaredksmith would work for me.

Already own MTE, very impressive piece of work, I’d buy Coronastein as well, preferably as a separate engine.

Appreciate your concern for those of us who cannot afford the Pro license for Corona.

Hey Dyson - quick question. Is CoronaStein3D a separate engine to MTE? Was just wandering whether it could facilitate switching between the two, in a similar concept to Bullfrog’s Dungeon Keeper - i.e having an isometric view of the game world and being able to switch to a first-person view from a character’s viewpoint?

I’m leaning towards making Coronastien a seperate engine.

Aside from the inefficiency of loading the same map twice, achieving what you describe would be easiest with two seperate engine files anyway. Isometric maps use isometric tile images, which would look truly bizarre as Coronastein walls. Instead you would have an isometric map and an orthographic map for the isometric view and the 3D view respectively, loaded into MTE and Coronastein respectively. Then you would simply fade one to reveal the other and vice versa.

Of course, this does not account for the new possibilities afforded by Graphics 2.0 for Corona Pro users. I joined the early access program at the worse possible time- between releases- so I have yet to look at it. I’ve been occupied working on isometric map support for MTE lately, but I hope to get some more work done on Coronastein this weekend and sometime next week.

Thanks for the answer Dyson - so you seem to infer that this concept is “possible”, which is great news…

I think you should charge more. It’s a great tool.

My preference would be the 3 options as Ksan suggested. Prices from Ksan or jaredksmith would work for me.

Already own MTE, very impressive piece of work, I’d buy Coronastein as well, preferably as a separate engine.

Appreciate your concern for those of us who cannot afford the Pro license for Corona.

Is this available? Is it still being developed? 

Hello Hiphopsded,

I am not currently actively developing Coronastein3D. I may come back to it at some point in the future, but it is not in my immediate plans to do so.

Hello Dyson, Thank you for your response! I was really looking forward to coronastein3D for an app I am currently developing. Is there anyway you can send me what you have so far? I’d be willing to pay a fee if so. 

Thank you so much.

Sure, we can work something out. Simplest thing would be for you to buy MTE. Coronastein is built on top of it after all, or on top of an older version anyway. 

That goes for all my customers as well. Coronastein3D is (very) incomplete and lacks documentation, but if you want to play around with it just drop me an email (using the address you entered when you bought MTE) and I’ll send you the CS3D files.

Is this available? Is it still being developed? 

Hello Hiphopsded,

I am not currently actively developing Coronastein3D. I may come back to it at some point in the future, but it is not in my immediate plans to do so.

Hello Dyson, Thank you for your response! I was really looking forward to coronastein3D for an app I am currently developing. Is there anyway you can send me what you have so far? I’d be willing to pay a fee if so. 

Thank you so much.

Sure, we can work something out. Simplest thing would be for you to buy MTE. Coronastein is built on top of it after all, or on top of an older version anyway. 

That goes for all my customers as well. Coronastein3D is (very) incomplete and lacks documentation, but if you want to play around with it just drop me an email (using the address you entered when you bought MTE) and I’ll send you the CS3D files.