So, I was able to use the native.textBox to show the emojis (I used a display.newText to roughly calculate the height of the textBox)
Unfortunately now I have the problem that native objects appears always on top, and the app has a nav bar on top and the textBox is appearing above the navbar (the scrollview mask does not hide the native obj).
My next attempt will use Rob suggestion to use a webView. The sad side of that is that I will have not only to show the text with emoji but also implement the scrollview and the other objects that appear on the screen…
I know… that is why I cannot use the webview just to display the text (it would behave as the native.textBox), I would need to use a webview that fills all my screen minus the topbar (which in my app is basically a scrollview with the text feed).
But I changed my mind in trying the webview now. I found the emojis icons on in the internet and I will just use them as image, replacing the Corona mono-color emojis.
If I succeed on that, I will later post the code on github for other users.