New iOS game build Build Error 256

Just submitted update for iron source 8 and updated all adapters.

I would recommend updating to Xcode 5.3

How do I remove the plugins already downloaded on my computer, so that solar2D will redownload the new ones?

@Scott, so I found Solar2DPlugins/Caches/Solar2DMarketplace… and when I removed your plugins, it downloaded them afresh. But they were exactly the same number of bytes. Am I missing something?

It should do it automatically when you build.

That said, on the Mac it’s:
Macintosh HD>Users>[Your Home Directory]>Solar2DPlugins
The Solar2D native plugins are in the Caches directory, but I’m not sure if Scott’s plugins are there or in a different directory in Solar2DPlugins since I don’t have anything from the marketplace installed right now.

I’m away from my office, so I can’t check my PC right now, but I’ll take a look in a few hours if this is still an open issue.

@colinmorgan Thank you. Yes, they redownloaded automatically, and they are under his Solar2DMarketplace folders the Solar2DPlugins folder. But they were not updated, as Scott said above.

I’m on a Mac, too. (Thanks again)

@Scott_Harrison Now I receive a “Build Failed” message with no details. The previous message said Error 256. Now, it just says “Build Failed” without any error. Am I missing a newly required ICON?

ERROR: build command failed: xcrun actool --output-format human-readable-text --warnings --export-dependency-info "/var/folders/6g/37ltmn0d17xdq76fys4f_p340000gp/T/CLtmpkLxvE3/assetcatalog_dependencies" --output-partial-info-plist "/var/folders/6g/37ltmn0d17xdq76fys4f_p340000gp/T/CLtmpkLxvE3/assetcatalog_generated_info.plist" --compress-pngs --enable-on-demand-resources YES --product-type com.apple.product-type.application --compile "/Volumes/2020/Dropbox/Projects/Bible Trivia.app" --target-device iphone --target-device ipad --minimum-deployment-target 8.0 --platform iphoneos --app-icon AppIcon "/Volumes/2020/Dropbox/Projects/triviaChallenge/Images.xcassets"
ERROR: with exit code 1 and output: 

ERROR: while compiling icons: 
BUILD ERROR: 
iOS build failed (2) after 59 seconds
ERROR: Build Failed: 

Apparently, now all my builds, whether the IronSource plugin is included or not, result in a Build Failed message. Who changed what?

Weird. It seems it is failing to compile icons for some reason

@vlads what’s very strange is that I haven’t changed my Solar2D version, it is the same, and I’m still using Xcode 15.3 - so, someone changed something to break our ability to create builds.

And this happens only with iOS builds.

Are you able to build any other projects I.e any of the sample projects?

any sample code build for iOS causes this result. I just loaded the FrameAnimation sample code and tried to build for iOS and get this error.

Which build are you using

@Scott_Harrison the latest 3706. FYI, my Android build, with ironSource, now works. I just have to test it. We need to solve the iOS build failure issue now.

I’m not sure why you are getting that error, you may try deleting your current solar2d build and reinstalling

Apparently, restarting my computer made the difference. Very strange. But thank you, @Scott_Harrison - I can now test my game update with your plugin changes completed. :slight_smile:

@Scott_Harrison My build, installed from TestFlight on iOS, resulted in a CRASH upon startup. Because this occurred upon startup, I have no idea what caused the crash.

@Scott_Harrison very bad, every 15-30 minutes, the CRASHED message appears even when I’m not running my app. I have to reset my phone. This is very bad for Solar2D and its future. Here it is appearing on top of my glucose monitor app.

Hours later it shows up again, even after I reset my phone. So Scott, you really got to get on this ASAP Or I will destroy the future of solar 2-D.

I have no way to get rid of it.

Have you tried uninstalling the app?

(Obviously this isn’t a real fix, but it should stop the pop-up from appearing.)

Is it possible that TestFlight automatically installed the test program for you?

Try Delete testers from TestFlight.

@Scott_Harrison @vlads I have confirmed that the app doesn’t get far enough for my app to print anything. It immediately crashes; I’m fairly sure the issue is one of the same plugins that prevented me from creating a build.