Paid Plugins from Corona support: Chartboost, AdColony

Hi Rob;

Thanks for your thoughts.

So, in essence, any improvements made to this broken Chartboost situation (and other things fixed on the Android side since last July) won’t carry over AT ALL to the building of Amazon APK files. We will basically be stuck in the first half of 2019 with the earlier builds. Well . . . that’s a disappointment.

One thing that you and engineering should realize . . . the APK for Amazon devices that I built yesterday with Corona build 3551 RAN SUPERBLY, WITHOUT ERROR OR FLAW, on my pair of Kindle devices so long as I built it without any of those advertising plugins.

And since NONE of those plugins actually had anything to do with Google Play, and since the error message displayed about needing Google Play was simply an erroneous one due to something being incorrectly triggered . . . . you’re current app output for Amazon with your latest Corona Build may just be a couple of lines of code away from building Amazon APKs just fine.

My hope in writing my detailed report from yesterday was that your engineering folks MIGHT take a look and see if it is simply an errant line or two of code causing this to fail on Amazon APKs with your post 64-bit builds.

Thanks and best;

Steve

Any update on this ? When fixed, will it be enough to rebuild app to get new plugin, eg. avoid upgrading the Corona Simulator ?

I don’t have any updates on this.