When Is Revmob Sdk For Corona Going To Support The Latest Build

I emailed RevMob about a networking issue the other day - it was a Corona fault and fixed in 1053. I presume they have blocked it due to that. I’m using 1053 and it is working fine.

@chrisevans1001, ah, thanks.  Good to know.  It sounds like we should be okay with 1054 then.

Naomi

Hi all. After 1052 version it is ok. Thanks for reporting, I will update the documentation to let it clearer.
We will update the RevMob SDK to try to use the networking 2.0. We had some issues using the 1.0, so we had to use a custom library for Android platform. Best regards
Paulo
http://about.me/paulocheque

Hi Paulo,

What about iOS with build 1051 ? What are symptoms ? I can see ads statistics in dashboard: impressions / clicks / cannot check installs due to limit per device. If clicks are ok then its ok ?

I believe the issue corrected in build 1053 was an android permission issue so should not be affecting iOS. If you’re seeing clicks then it must be working - the problem was causing no ads and therefore no clicks.

The day has come.  :ph34r: 

You mean it works - or is this just wishful thinking?

Currently there are two issues with Revmob and Corona SDK:

1. Revmob 5.0 does not support the new device id, and ads simply won’t show on devices [tested on iPad 3rd gen, reported and confirmed by Revmob]

2. Revmob 5.0 crashes Android apps, probably due to fullscreen.jpg rescaling, but that’s just my assumption [tested on Android devices, reported and confirmed by Revmob].

Krystian

EDIT:

I’ve updated to 5.1.

It seems that Android does not crash anymore [at least during the last few minutes of testing… previously it would crash at least twice].

iOS still does not work [device not recognized]

Hi all.

We have just released the RevMob SDK 5.1, according to the new changes of Corona SDK: networking 2.0, widgets 2.0 and the new device ID for iOS

http://sdk.revmob.com/corona_download.html

The last official release of Corona SDK is the 1076, so, from now on, we will ignore older versions of Corona since they are incompatible with the new Apple policies. 

Although the RevMob SDK is ready to be include in your games, you may receive a error 422 if you are testing in iOS devices. This is a temporary issue that will be solved in the server side of RevMob. In the mean time, you can use the testing mode to check your implementation.

We decided to publish the new SDK yesterday because Apple takes 7-10 days to avail each app, so you will have more time to test the integration with the new SDK. 

Best regards

Paulo

Hey, Paulo, I’d like one confirmation.  I assume we can continue to use previous version of RevMob SDK (v5.0) with older versions of Corona SDK that worked together without any issue.  I mean, please confirm nothing will break with already released apps with RevMob when you make your server side update.

Thanks!

Naomi

Hey Naomi. 

If you publish your app before May 1, you will not have problems. But I believe the effort to upgrade the RevMob SDK is low, so we highly recommend you to update it.

Best regards

Paulo

Thank you, Paulo.  No, I don’t think it would require much to update RevMob side of things, but I’m not sure what it means to update Corona build from 1054 to the latest.  I just don’t know if anything would break, and I don’t want to go there just yet.

Thanks again.

Naomi

Hey Paulo,

Thanks a lot for keeping us informed, that is really appreciated.

Dim

Can’t wait to publish my App with new REVMob Ads. I updated my app with the latest version of REVMob, everything works on the Corona IOS Simulator, but not on the actual device as you stated in your release notes. 

I’ll keep checking. Please let us know when the servers are fixed and I’ll do a final test and publish to the app store…

signed Ready and waiting ( aka Larry )

Actually, I went ahead and downloaded the Corona daily build 1087, downloaded RevMob SKD 5.1.0, replaced revmob.lua file, reviewed my code against the RevMob documentation (and didn’t see anything that needed changing), built my latest app, tried it on device, and it displayed RevMob ads without any issue.  How extremely painless it was.  Thank you for such an easy transition.

(And good news, my latest game app doesn’t seem to have any issue with Corona daily build 1087 either.  Cheers!)

Naomi

OK, so what am I doing wrong then. I’ve contacted RevMob support but I figured I’d post it here too.

This is the only content of my main.lua to ensure no other factors are involved. Build 1086 It’s got something to do with the REVMOB_IDS table. 

Also, why is revmob.lua formatted so poorly? It’s so difficult to read through. 

[lua]

local RevMob = require (“revmob”)

local REVMOB_IDS = { [“Android”] = “510708949c1d2f1600000004”, [“iPhone OS”] = “5106ef8499d91916000000d6” }

RevMob.startSession(REVMOB_IDS)

[/lua]

I get the following:

2013-04-18 00:13:00.708 Corona Simulator[1197:707] Runtime error

/Users/Dad/Dropbox/MonsterMarathonFree/revmob.lua:292: attempt to call field ‘request’ (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘request’

/Users/Dad/Dropbox/MonsterMarathonFree/revmob.lua:292: in function ‘i’

/Users/Dad/Dropbox/MonsterMarathonFree/revmob.lua:339: in function ‘startSession’

/Users/Dad/Dropbox/MonsterMarathonFree/revmob.lua:813: in function ‘startSession’

/Users/Dad/Dropbox/MonsterMarathonFree/main.lua:18: in main chunk

@WideAwakeGames, I’ve got no clue why you get the error.   Perhaps only difference is that I built the app using daily build 1087 (not 1086), but still, it shouldn’t make any difference…  Maybe it’s worth checking to make sure revmov.lua you have in your project folder is the RevMob SDK v5.1.0 – I mean, can it be possible you forgot to replace the previous version with this one?

Naomi

@WideAwakeGames, maybe try removing the “local” before the Revmob calls on your main.lua?

I double checked. Even went as far to re-download the 5.1.0 SDK and downloaded the latest build. Same error. Also ran it from Corona instead of LuaGlider, same error. 

@WideAwakeGames, that is strange.  Are you testing it on iOS or Android device?  I did not get any error on iPod Touch 5G when I built my game app using Corona daily build 1087 and RevMob v5.1.0.  I did not change any of the code when I updated the SDKs from Corona daily build 1054 and RevMob v5.0.  (I did not test it on iPad, because I display iAds on iPad devices.)

I looked at the error you posted earlier… and oh… I noticed the error is from the simulator.  I don’t know if you can test this on simulator.  I only display my house-ads on simulator, so of course I’d never see the error you posted.

Did RevMob get back to you?

You might also want to test it on device to see if you get the same error.  Who knows, it may be simulator specific issue after all.

Naomi