Where do I pay to remove the "Powered by Corona Labs" splash screen?

Thanks for the clarification Rob.  I didn’t know that the splash screen feature superseded the use of Default.png (on Android), but it makes sense.

Does this mean, that we don’t need to buy the plugin for to customize the splash screen?

just by using add this in the build settings ?

settings =
{
splashScreen =
{
ios = {
enable = false,
},
android = {
enable = true,
image = “Default.png”
}
},
}

will this work for build 

CoronaSDK-2016.2992.msi

please advise if i need to buy the plugin for the splash screen or not in order to implement what

Rob miracle suggested in the build settings.

thank you so much.

If you are a paid Enterprise subscriber or you have purchased the Splash Screen Control plugin, you can manage the plugin via build.settings for Simulator builds. If you have not purchased a subscription to either of these, you will get the Corona Labs splash screen.

Rob

https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/plugin/splash-screen-control

You can find it on the Marketplace.

Here is a direct link: https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/search?search=splash

If you don’t have a direct link, the way I navigate to it is:

Is there a way to add my launch image back in for android? Right now when I launch my app I have a black screen for 2-3 seconds while it loads then “Powered by Corona Labs” flashes for a second or two and my app proceeds as normal. 

Originally when I would launch an image in my project folder called “Default.png” would show for that 2-3 seconds of black. If I purchase the $99/year plugin to control the splash screen will I be able to use my “Default.png” again or just turn off the “Powered by Corona Labs”?

Also according to another forum post by Rob Miracle Corona implemented a way for android applications to look for and display “Default.png” on start up. With the new Corona Builds is this feature no longer available?

**UPDATE** The following statement is not entirely correct.  See Rob’s response further on

The splash screen is not related to the launch image, except that you should not try to use the same file for the Corona splash as for your launch image.

So if the splash screen is not related to the launch image I should be able to display my “Default.png” by following this tutorial --> https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html#corona-splash-screen but it seems android launch images are no longer supported

The only thing I can think of that might prevent you from seeing your original launch image is a timing problem/conflict.  

i.e. Maybe the splash screen is being displayed immediately or soon after the app loads and thus hiding/replacing your original launch image.

That I cannot answer as I haven’t seen the underlying code for how a Corona app starts up on Android.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer.

My only suggestion is to show an image on your own.  i.e. in main.lua or your first scene show a splash image of your own.  The corona splash will be first, but you’ll still get yours that way.

Before we implemented the splash screen, here’s the workflow:

iOS: OS loads Launch images (Default.png, etc.), Corona does nothing, App’s first screen comes up.

Android: OS doesnt’ support Launch images, Corona shows Default.png. App’s first screen comes up.

With the splash screen enabled:

iOS: OS loads Launch images, Corona shows Splash Screen (yours or ours), Apps first screen comes up.

Android: OS doesn’t support launch images, Corona shows Splash Screen (yours or ours), App’s first screen comes up.

To get the same behavior as pre-splash screen, you would configure your build.settings as: 

settings = { splashScreen = { ios = { enable = false, }, android = { enable = true, image = "Default.png" } }, }

Or something similar.

Rob

Thanks for the clarification Rob.  I didn’t know that the splash screen feature superseded the use of Default.png (on Android), but it makes sense.

So the “Powered by Corona” ad will show

1 ) in all future apps
2 ) and all future app updates

3 ) for everyone who has used Corona SDK
4 ) until they pay $99/year?

1 and 2 unless corona changes there code

3 if you use an old build you maybe be able to get away with it but it is recommended and you won’t new features or be able to publish with Apple

4 yes

Assuming you have not purchased the plugin and taken steps in your build.settings to disable the splash screen:

Existing apps you have in the store will not show a splash screen unless you update them. After you update them, they will have the splash screen.

New apps you create will have the splash screen.

If you have apps in the store that do show the splash screen and you buy the splash screen control plugin, you would have to update your build.settings to disable the splash screen and submit an update to the stores at which point any one who updates to your latest version will have the splash screen removed.

This is a build-time decision as to if the splash screen is included or not. 

Paid Enterprise subscribers and people who have purchased the Corona Professional ad plugin bundle get the splash screen control included.

Hope this helps. 

Rob

Does this mean, that we don’t need to buy the plugin for to customize the splash screen?

just by using add this in the build settings ?

settings =
{
splashScreen =
{
ios = {
enable = false,
},
android = {
enable = true,
image = “Default.png”
}
},
}

will this work for build 

CoronaSDK-2016.2992.msi

please advise if i need to buy the plugin for the splash screen or not in order to implement what

Rob miracle suggested in the build settings.

thank you so much.

If you are a paid Enterprise subscriber or you have purchased the Splash Screen Control plugin, you can manage the plugin via build.settings for Simulator builds. If you have not purchased a subscription to either of these, you will get the Corona Labs splash screen.

Rob

So the “Powered by Corona” ad will show

1 ) in all future apps
2 ) and all future app updates

3 ) for everyone who has used Corona SDK
4 ) until they pay $99/year?

1 and 2 unless corona changes there code

3 if you use an old build you maybe be able to get away with it but it is recommended and you won’t new features or be able to publish with Apple

4 yes

Assuming you have not purchased the plugin and taken steps in your build.settings to disable the splash screen:

Existing apps you have in the store will not show a splash screen unless you update them. After you update them, they will have the splash screen.

New apps you create will have the splash screen.

If you have apps in the store that do show the splash screen and you buy the splash screen control plugin, you would have to update your build.settings to disable the splash screen and submit an update to the stores at which point any one who updates to your latest version will have the splash screen removed.

This is a build-time decision as to if the splash screen is included or not. 

Paid Enterprise subscribers and people who have purchased the Corona Professional ad plugin bundle get the splash screen control included.

Hope this helps. 

Rob