3510 Not building for me...

I really need to get this working! A publisher asked me to update my game hoping they could publish it - they wanted firebase in, so I did that…but then firebase plugin was crashing program on device. I looked into this and it seems plugin has been updated to new 64bit version and wont work on the released version…

Tell me if I’m wrong about this but thats what I got from the forum posts.

So I decided it was time to update to the daily builds…but it won’t build for me. Says ‘cannot find the path specified’ - here is the detailed debugging log.

Seems like it is not creating the temp file in that final command line (I looked for it and its not on my pc)

https://pastebin.com/JT35XjB4

A temporary fix that worked for me was copying the project to the drive where corona is installed. For example in my PC I have C and D drives, in C drive corona is installed and in D drive my projects rest. I copied the project in C:/src folder and tried building it and it was successful. 

Try at first to build the sample projects, because initially few tools are downloaded locally which takes a while depending on network connectivity. Once you get successful sample project builds then try the above solution that worked for me.

I tried building one of the sample projects and it failed the same way. Also my projects and corona are on the same drive.

Any other ideas? Any specific sample project you suggest to try to build with android?

Try building any sample project, your choice. Follow the guidelines of https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/75790-new-build-20193510-handling-bugs-with-android-x64-and-target-sdk-28/, so that you get full console log. If the build fails please post your console log using pastebin. 

If network connectivity is spotty, try building a few times so that gradle tools are downloaded fully.

ok…

My first post had the full console log in the pastebin link I posted - this hasn’t changed.

As I said I did build one of the sample projects and it failed to build exactly the same way - thats why I asked if there was a specific sample project you thought _would_ build.

My network is rock solid…

Can you please try copying the project (eg frame animation sample code ) in C drive and try building again

I’ve gone back to the public release version based on advice I got…and it is still having the same problem with firebase plugin.

Anyways, maybe I’ll be back here…

Yep lets wait to hear from coronalabs…I am out of ideas what might be causing the issue in your case.

Finally was able to track down what is causing this issue. Fix should be available in next daily build (3511 or newer when it will be available)

3512 is live. Please, test. Also, if you project doens’t work, try some Sample app, like Hello World

argh…tested and it failed to build again. this pastebin is from 3512 I just downloaded and installed.

https://pastebin.com/r1WUjsn0

Popup now says; Build error #1

so thats different.

note - this is building for android device - the game runs on simulator just fine.

A temporary fix that worked for me was copying the project to the drive where corona is installed. For example in my PC I have C and D drives, in C drive corona is installed and in D drive my projects rest. I copied the project in C:/src folder and tried building it and it was successful. 

Try at first to build the sample projects, because initially few tools are downloaded locally which takes a while depending on network connectivity. Once you get successful sample project builds then try the above solution that worked for me.

I tried building one of the sample projects and it failed the same way. Also my projects and corona are on the same drive.

Any other ideas? Any specific sample project you suggest to try to build with android?

Try building any sample project, your choice. Follow the guidelines of https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/75790-new-build-20193510-handling-bugs-with-android-x64-and-target-sdk-28/, so that you get full console log. If the build fails please post your console log using pastebin. 

If network connectivity is spotty, try building a few times so that gradle tools are downloaded fully.

ok…

My first post had the full console log in the pastebin link I posted - this hasn’t changed.

As I said I did build one of the sample projects and it failed to build exactly the same way - thats why I asked if there was a specific sample project you thought _would_ build.

My network is rock solid…

Can you please try copying the project (eg frame animation sample code ) in C drive and try building again

I’ve gone back to the public release version based on advice I got…and it is still having the same problem with firebase plugin.

Anyways, maybe I’ll be back here…

Yep lets wait to hear from coronalabs…I am out of ideas what might be causing the issue in your case.

Finally was able to track down what is causing this issue. Fix should be available in next daily build (3511 or newer when it will be available)