A place to discuss about HTML5 portals

I’m writing here as a response to the OP of this thread: https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/75821-html5-portals/?p=399823

There is a forum named HTM5 Game Devs.

As its name implies, it’s all about developing games using JavaScript frameworks.

In many aspects this site is _ not _ suitable for Corona SDK developers, because they only talk about HTML5 games.

We wouldn’t even be allowed to showcase games mande in Corona (even if they were converted from Lua to HTML5 because it wasn’t natively written in JavaScript).

But once Corona now allows us to built to HTML5, it is a good place to discover how does the HTML5 market work.

They have a sub-forum named Sponsors and Portals.

In this sub-forum, members share information about portals that accept HTML5 games, like:

• what do they require in order to you to get your game published with them (eg.: you may have to implement their APIs, remove links to external sites, and so on. Each portal has its own rules).

• what they offer (for instance, some do a revenue share, some buy licences, some don’t offer anything but allow your game have you own ads and / or link to external sites).

• which portals do pay well and on time.

• which portals don’t pay you or that stop paying after sometime.

• which portals spread your game without your consent.

• which portals take your game from other sites and block your output links and replace your ads by their owns.

This sib-forum just shows up for logged in users. Also, you must have at least 3 posts in anyplace in the site prior you get access to it.

Also, if I remember it correctly your first 3 or 5 posts will show up (and count to you gain access to Sponsors and Portals) only after site’s moderator checked them.

PS: It is OK for talking there about the generated HTML5 code from any framework (for instance, how to minimize the generated its JavasScript or how to add a JavaScript API to it).

Regards.

Isnt this a bit odd? Should we infiltrate the forums with random posts until we get access? I mean thanks for sharing but seems a bit odd since we cant post about corona or games we make with corona.

[quote name=“pixec” post=“403893” timestamp=“1573475591”]Isnt this a bit odd? Should we infiltrate the forums with random posts until we get access? I mean thanks for sharing but seems a bit odd since we cant post about corona or games we make with corona.[/quote] Hi @pixec. Sorry for the long delay to answer you. It seems I didn’t explained it in a clear way. Sorry. The first 3 posts being moderated is a way to discourage spammers. My experience there shows me it is very effective. And I am not encouraging anyone to make random posts just to get access to tho an specific subforum. I’m encouraging people to participate with real doubts and problems they have. For instance, corona generates for you an HTML5 version of your game but it won’t integrate any JavaScript API. So you probably will face problems to add Facebook API, specific APIs your clients may require you to add to the game. These will generate legitimate questions to be posted. Also, it makes sense corona let you post here about games made with its SDK. But it probaly won’t ley anyone post about games made with other tools. The same happens there. I don’t see anything wrong in this policy. Regards.