Hello everyone
I’m new to corona and I have a problem I hope someone can help me with.
I attached a picture for more demonstration, the problem is when the player walks over the grass it keeps walking and does not fall even if there is no grass under it altgough I did set a value for gravity:
physics.setGravity(0,9.8)
and the player body type is dynamic, the grass is static.
this problem occurs only if the player walks and a straight line but if dropped from a higher place into the empty space it falls with no problems.
Hi @mm1403163,
As a first test, can you enable “hybrid” draw mode so we can see where the actual physical bodies are?
[lua]
physics.setDrawMode( “hybrid” )
[/lua]
Once you do, please post another screenshot.
Thanks,
Brent
Hi Brent,here is the screenshot
okay I solved it my self after reading more about draw modes and testing them,
the problem was that the player body becoms “sleeping”
- gray — a body that is “sleeping” due to lack of activity.
I don’t really know why this happens, but if any one is intrested the solution was to use this line
physics.start( true )
instead of this
physics.start()
to start the physics engine, which “Prevent all bodies from sleeping”.
thanks a lot 
Hi @mm1403163,
That’s a little odd… normally, once a sleeping physics object has any interaction (collision) with another body, it will “wake up”. Your non-sleeping approach is valid though, however you might consider applying that property to only the player (not globally to all objects) by setting its “.isSleepingAllowed” property to false:
https://docs.coronalabs.com/api/type/Body/isSleepingAllowed.html
Brent
Hi @mm1403163,
As a first test, can you enable “hybrid” draw mode so we can see where the actual physical bodies are?
[lua]
physics.setDrawMode( “hybrid” )
[/lua]
Once you do, please post another screenshot.
Thanks,
Brent
Hi Brent,here is the screenshot
okay I solved it my self after reading more about draw modes and testing them,
the problem was that the player body becoms “sleeping”
- gray — a body that is “sleeping” due to lack of activity.
I don’t really know why this happens, but if any one is intrested the solution was to use this line
physics.start( true )
instead of this
physics.start()
to start the physics engine, which “Prevent all bodies from sleeping”.
thanks a lot 
Hi @mm1403163,
That’s a little odd… normally, once a sleeping physics object has any interaction (collision) with another body, it will “wake up”. Your non-sleeping approach is valid though, however you might consider applying that property to only the player (not globally to all objects) by setting its “.isSleepingAllowed” property to false:
https://docs.coronalabs.com/api/type/Body/isSleepingAllowed.html
Brent