A timer within my app stops counting when device is on suspend Android

Hi.
When my device gets suspended (when it goes “blocked screen mode”), a timer that should not stop working does stop. The game doesn’t have music yet, but I’m afraid the suspend of the device stops the musics and sounds as well. I’ve already searched about that, but I found that about iOS apps only.

How can I manage the timer not to stop when the app is on suspend on a Android device?

Thanks. [import]uid: 162818 topic_id: 37390 reply_id: 67390[/import]

I would expect that this is by design. You might want to use os.date() for timing-related logic that needs to survive the application being suspended.
[import]uid: 31041 topic_id: 37390 reply_id: 145580[/import]

Can you give me a ideia for how to do that? Can you help me doing the code? Just an example like making a message shows up on screen after 10 min on passed os.date().
Can you, please?

Thanks. [import]uid: 162818 topic_id: 37390 reply_id: 145673[/import]

I would expect that this is by design. You might want to use os.date() for timing-related logic that needs to survive the application being suspended.
[import]uid: 31041 topic_id: 37390 reply_id: 145580[/import]

Can you give me a ideia for how to do that? Can you help me doing the code? Just an example like making a message shows up on screen after 10 min on passed os.date().
Can you, please?

Thanks. [import]uid: 162818 topic_id: 37390 reply_id: 145673[/import]