Accessibility warnings - Google Play console

Hi everyone!

After uploading a new build (using 2020.3640) to internal test channels, Google Play gave me a warning about accessibility issues regarding text objects in the game. I don’t know the exact translation but the issue seems to be about “content labeling”. I haven’t seen such warning before so I wanted to know if this is a known issue and there is a way to handle this.

I use display.newText for text objects.

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to see screenshots for that.
I have those warnings as well, and I think it referes to images containing text. I’m not 100% sure tho, and I have ignored those warnings till now.

Yes, I’ve seen the screenshots and they refer to text objects.

This is the first time I’ve seen this warning. I don’t know if it existed before. Maybe it’s an internal testing thing that I missed. Anyway, do you know if there’s an easy way to not just make this warning go away but make those elements accessible? Should I make a feature request on GitHub?

I’ve been having that warning since last July, at least (I can’t see older versions)
It used to apear even on Corona splash screen:

Probably a feature request is the best option, but if I do understand, this is about readers for people with poor eyesight, and I don’t think many games are designed to support these needs :frowning:

Sadly, yes. In my case, since my game relies heavily on text, I think it would be an improvement. I mean even if I had content labeling I’d still have to handle some stuff but that would be a good starting point.

So I went ahead and opened up a feature request :slight_smile: Thanks @Il.Sui

1 Like