Actual, Basic Example of using Spine in Corona?

Nice. I think you might want to have an animationTime variable that you add the delta value to

local animationTime = 0

then in render loop:

animationTIme = animationTime + delta

idle:apply(char, animationTime, true)

Right now if delta is roughly the same value each frame the animation will be set to the same state each time the apply is called. Apply sets the skeleton rig to a state based on the time. If the time is the same each time apply is called the skeleton will be set to the same pose.

You’re right. That did it. It’s animating! Thanks Reaver!

Now to begin writing replacement code so Corona users can use this stuff without being bogged down in the details.

No problem!

You should also look at animationState. It removes some of the details and sets up a queue for animations.

Yeah, I suppose my beef was that if you only have one animation, animationState is completely counterproductive. But I will take a look asap.

Hi everyone, could someone put up the final Corona code for a basic example using Spine that works.

There are three examples in the spine-corona project on github. :slight_smile:

I’ve fixed Bone not have SRT values by default. Sorry I didn’t see this earlier, I’m more active on the Spine forums.

Hi everyone, could someone put up the final Corona code for a basic example using Spine that works.

There are three examples in the spine-corona project on github. :slight_smile: