2013-05-31 13:57:12.283 Corona Simulator[43701:f07] ERROR: An error occurred during build. The server returned the following message:[A device build error occurred on the server.
At this time, AdMob is not available to Starter users. However, it will be available to you when the next public build is released, which is upcoming very soon. Keep an eye out for that release, and you’ll be able to use this plugin.
Ok, I may missunderstand something, and please correct me, but you are not supposed to replace the “com.coronalabs” with your own admob publisher Id.
The publisherId in the build settings refers to the publisher of the plugin, not to your own ad publisher Id.
Does this solve your problem?
That said, I have the following problem with the admob:
I add the plugin declaration to the build.settings just fine, and all appears fine without any errors in the corona simulator, and the app works fine, but when I try to build it for ios, in order to test it on the xcode ios simulator, the app crashes, just right after the initial loading screen.
The console records the crash, but I cannot understand what is going on.
Honestly, the crash dump isn’t nearly as useful as a capture of the console log. Tether your device to your computer via the USB sync cable, run Xcode, open it’s Organizer. Find your device on the left hand side bar. You may have to wait a minute for it to show up and if you’ve never done this before, click on the device and click the “Use for development” button. If you have to do that it may take a few minutes for Xcode to gather all the info it needs.
Once you’re setup, click on the “Console” entry below your device name in the side bar, run your app and look for errors to show up. Those are going to be infinitely more helpful. For the Xcode simulator, you need to run the “Console” app … either from /Applications or using Spotlight (the search magnifying glass at the top right of your Mac) and typing in Console to find it. Any errors that your app is putting out will be there.
Unfortunatelly this is the first days I have an mac computer, so I am still finding my way around it. All the previous development and the app currently live in google play were done in a windows pc.
I do not have a real device to test it right now. The only way I can test it is by running the xcode simulator. I have not even managed to run my app in the simulator without having to do “build for ios” every time.
I opened the mac console , and that is where I got the crash dump. Is there a way to see the xcode console without having an actual device?
Also, just to ensure if this is the issue: I downloaded and installed the corona that is in your website a couple of days ago. It says that I am running Version 2013.1076 (2013.4.3) .
I have not downloaded any nightly builds or any additional plugins. Since the admob plugin is new, should I download something else and install it before I try to build using this code ?
Ok, my mistake was that I had not downloaded a daily build that included the admob plugin.
Also, I found out that (unlike the windows version that I was using until now), in a Mac, the console does not automatically open when you run the corona simulator, but the outcome goes to the mac console (the existence of I didnt know until now).
It all works ok now (I think. The app does not crashes, but I havent seen an ad being displayed either).
As provider you give “admob” and as appID, your publisher ID for that specific app in your adMob account (please note: every app you add to admob has a different ID).
ERROR: Could not load provider (admob) due to the following reason: module ‘CoronaProvider.ads.admob’ not found:resource (CoronaProvider.ads.admob.lu) does not exist in archive
no field package.preload[‘CoronaProvider.ads.admob’]
no file ‘/Users/ABC/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/6.0/Applications/EC48D723-7CEA-4DE4-9E80-2E6FACC94986/Ads.app/CoronaProvider.ads.admob.lua’
no file ‘/Users/ABC/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/6.0/Applications/EC48D723-7CEA-4DE4-9E80-2E6FACC94986/Ads.app/CoronaProvider.ads.admob.lua’
no file ‘./CoronaProvider.ads.admob.so’
no file ‘/Users/ABC/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/6.0/Applications/EC48D723-7CEA-4DE4-9E80-2E6FACC94986/Ads.app/CoronaProvider.ads.admob.so’
no file ‘./CoronaProvider.so’
no file '/Users/ABC/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/6.0/Applications/EC48D723-7CEA-4DE4-9E80-2E6FACC94986/Ads.app/CoronaProvider.so’CoronaProvider.ads.admob.
Ok, when I downloaded the daily build and reinstalled corona simulator, I restarted the corona simulator. When I did that, the first time I tried to run my app, when corona simulator read the settings file, it returned a message saying something like “corona detected that you want to use a plugin with the name ads.adsmob. Do you want corona to download it”? I answered yes, it run smoothly, and then I recompiled.
Bottomline: shut down the corona simulator, reinstall the corona simulator from the daily build, overwriting everything preexisting, and then run the corona simulator again.
Further than that I am affraid I cannot really help, as I am novice myself :-), and you will have to wait for some coronalabs staff
Thank you for your precious suggestions - In order to receive the alert for the plugin downloading, I needed to completely delete Corona from the computer. After that and after installed the plugins I had been able to see ads on the Xcode Simulator!
At this time, AdMob is not available to Starter users. However, it will be available to you when the next public build is released, which is upcoming very soon. Keep an eye out for that release, and you’ll be able to use this plugin.