Coming this fall Apple iOS 14 will ask the user permission before providing access to IDFA. All ad networks, ad mediators, analytics services and attribution services are either working on an update or have a beta plugin available.
I don’t believe most of our plugins will break, but I suspect that the eCPM will be considerable reduced if an ad provider can’t count an install (especially if they are a CPI network), and all the attribution providers will have incomplete install data. From my reading this weekend the services providers mostly fall into 3 camps. Those who are creating their own ids (GameAnalytics), those that will or have a UI to request access (probably a small percentage will give access), and those who plan to use the newish API.
My current plan is to create a plugin of Tenjin and any ad network that comes out first with a solution. I was wondering what other people are planning?
Update as of August 7th:
– Appsflyer has a iOS 14 beta version. (SKAdNetwork support)
– GameAnalytics just released a iOS 14 compliant version. (SKAdNetwork support)
Updates as of August 12th:
– AdColony (SKAdNetwork support)
Updates as of August 14th:
– Ironsource released SDK7 (SKAdNetwork support)
Updates as of August 19th:
– Admob released version 7.64.0: Prepare your apps for iOS 14 Apple announced the new AppTrackingTransparency framework, which requires changes to your iOS apps. Implement the GMA SDK 7.64.0 (or later) and set up consent messaging to help prevent a significant loss in ad revenue.