Adding an object to scrollview while scrolling

I have a vertical scroll view covering the entire screen. There’s an object that’s not a part of the scroll view, hence the object is fixed on the screen and doesn’t move while scrolling.

Now, while scrolling, when the content position of the Y co-ordinate of the Scroll view goes beyond a particular value, I need the object to scroll along with the scroll view. And the object should again be fixed once the Y co-ordinate of the Scroll view is less than that value.

What are the approaches to go about it?

I’ve done something like this before. I had a little widget that scrolled up out of the bottom when your scrolled down - but it responded to the scroller such that scrolling back up would move it out.

You’ll want to use the scroll listener and move your object when conditions apply. I’ll add my code for reference but it will be different for you.

local function scrollListener(event)
    local phase = event.phase
    if (phase == "began") then
        -- print("Scroll view was touched")
    elseif (phase == "moved") then
        -- print("Scroll view was moved")
        --event.yDelta
        if (ARF.card_customalert_popup and ARF.card_customalert_popup.ready == true) then
            if (ARF.card_customalert_popup.startmove == nil) then
                ARF.card_customalert_popup.startmove = ARF.card_customalert_popup.y
            end

--scrolling down
            if (ARF.card_customalert_popup.y >= ARF.card_customalert_popup.startY) then
                ARF.card_customalert_popup.y = ARF.card_customalert_popup.startmove - (event.yDelta)
            else
                if (event.yDelta < 0) then
                    ARF.card_customalert_popup.y = ARF.card_customalert_popup.startY
                end
            end
        end
    elseif (phase == "ended") then
        -- print("Scroll view was released")
        if (ARF.card_customalert_popup and ARF.card_customalert_popup.ready == true) then
            ARF.card_customalert_popup.startmove = ARF.card_customalert_popup.y
        end
    end

return true
end
1 Like