Address book popup broken, hideDetails doesn't work on iOS8

Please fix guys. I just updated to iOS8 and cannot test my app. 

here’s my code:

local params = {

option = “pickContact”,

hideDetails = true,

listener = onContactsComplete

}

native.showPopup( “addressbook”, params )

it still goes to the contact’s page

Jake

Maybe this will help … 

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/AddressBookUI/Reference/ABPeoplePickerNavigationControllerDelegate_Protocol/index.html#//apple_ref/occ/intfm/ABPeoplePickerNavigationControllerDelegate/peoplePickerNavigationController:shouldContinueAfterSelectingPerson:property:identifier:

Apple seems to have deprecated the old way of dismissing the address book picker view for ios8

Can you file a bug report on this please?  There are a considerably large number of iOS 8 issues that we need to fix and it’s imperative that we get them into the bug tracking system.   Please be sure to include your build.settings and config.lua and put it all inside a .zip archive.  Then use the “Report a bug” link at the top of the page.  Make sure to link this thread in the description and make sure to have iOS 8 in the title somewhere.

When you get the email back from the bug tracker, please post the bug ID # here.

Thanks

Rob

Maybe this will help … 

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/AddressBookUI/Reference/ABPeoplePickerNavigationControllerDelegate_Protocol/index.html#//apple_ref/occ/intfm/ABPeoplePickerNavigationControllerDelegate/peoplePickerNavigationController:shouldContinueAfterSelectingPerson:property:identifier:

Apple seems to have deprecated the old way of dismissing the address book picker view for ios8

Can you file a bug report on this please?  There are a considerably large number of iOS 8 issues that we need to fix and it’s imperative that we get them into the bug tracking system.   Please be sure to include your build.settings and config.lua and put it all inside a .zip archive.  Then use the “Report a bug” link at the top of the page.  Make sure to link this thread in the description and make sure to have iOS 8 in the title somewhere.

When you get the email back from the bug tracker, please post the bug ID # here.

Thanks

Rob

Was this ever attended to? No. It remains broken in the latest daily builds. hideDetails does not work.

I don’t see any evidence that a bug report where I requested this.  Can someone please file one?

This is a plugin, so when it’s fixed it will not require a new daily build.  The plugin will update and it will start behaving.

Thanks

Rob

Okay, engineering found a bug report, it’s case #35638 and it was fixed on 9/23/14.   They just tested it and it worked.  Is it possible you’ve not updated your Enterprise plugin for this?

Rob

Hi,

we tested with the plugin from 2015.2616 or 2617. I reverted back to my own contact picker plugin and fixed the iOS 8 issue there instead of relying on yours, but you should definitely fix it for other Enterprise users…

Was this ever attended to? No. It remains broken in the latest daily builds. hideDetails does not work.

I don’t see any evidence that a bug report where I requested this.  Can someone please file one?

This is a plugin, so when it’s fixed it will not require a new daily build.  The plugin will update and it will start behaving.

Thanks

Rob

Okay, engineering found a bug report, it’s case #35638 and it was fixed on 9/23/14.   They just tested it and it worked.  Is it possible you’ve not updated your Enterprise plugin for this?

Rob

Hi,

we tested with the plugin from 2015.2616 or 2617. I reverted back to my own contact picker plugin and fixed the iOS 8 issue there instead of relying on yours, but you should definitely fix it for other Enterprise users…