AdMob Banner Size

Hello,

Is there a way to adjust the banner size for the AdMob plugin? Currently in landscape mode it uses up the entire width of the screen. would like to adjust to 320x50.

I would like the same but as far as I know that is not possible, same as for iAds.

Why this banner don’t have standard 320x50 dimensions or why we don’t have any options to select proper banner size? It’s ridiculous.

Hi all,

In this initial version, the AdMob banner size can’t be changed. It’s set to adjust to the size of the screen and to provide the most ads from AdMob’s ads inventory. We may allow custom ad sizes in the future, but note that it would limit the pools of ads selected.

Regards,

Brent Sorrentino

Uuuh how does this work? I have a banner at the bottom, and I do get until now a 320x50. But this could also be another size, which only would show the top?

And no way to force fullscreen / interstitial in portrait mode?

thx

[edit] ah ok I see in the example code an interstitial is loaded but if an error, a banner is shown

I would like the same but as far as I know that is not possible, same as for iAds.

Why this banner don’t have standard 320x50 dimensions or why we don’t have any options to select proper banner size? It’s ridiculous.

Hi all,

In this initial version, the AdMob banner size can’t be changed. It’s set to adjust to the size of the screen and to provide the most ads from AdMob’s ads inventory. We may allow custom ad sizes in the future, but note that it would limit the pools of ads selected.

Regards,

Brent Sorrentino

Uuuh how does this work? I have a banner at the bottom, and I do get until now a 320x50. But this could also be another size, which only would show the top?

And no way to force fullscreen / interstitial in portrait mode?

thx

[edit] ah ok I see in the example code an interstitial is loaded but if an error, a banner is shown