Admob free plugin

hello everyone,

I have just an coumple of questions regarding this corona change to solar2D.
as everyone already know the plugins will be free, but im blocked on my new project.
before this change i had in mind to get the admob plugin from marketplace 200$ year, but after some advises from Rob i didn´t get it.
Now i need to know from @vlads if it is better get the Admob plugin paying or if we need to wait for some updates regarding this matter?

Thanks for your help in advance.
I have in mind support the new Solar2D

Hey. So, ad-mob plugin is now live, and you can plug it in as a self-hosted version linking binaries from here (beta builds 3591+ you can get from GitHub would get it integrated automatically) .I also made price free, if you want to use it from the marketplace

3 Likes

Hey @vlads thanks a lot for your support, very appreciated!
i will try now your recomendations.

Best Regards

Hi vlads,

Recently (two or three days ago) I activated Admob in marketplace. Now i’m traying to make a build to one of my apps and the simulator show this error:

Error while fetching plugins
06:34:33.899 ERROR: plugin could not be validated: plugin.admob (com.coronalabs)
06:34:33.899 ERROR: Activate plugin at: https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/plugin/com.coronalabs/plugin.admob
06:34:33.899 ERROR: exiting due to plugins above not being activated.

I confirmed and indeed Admob is activated in my account. So, what the problem is?
I’m using the 2020.3582 Corona Simulator build.

in Solar2d 2020.3592
It works perfectly.

but it need remove supportedPlatforms in build.settings.

try to download newest Corona Simulator from solar2d.

That is the newest Corona Simulator (version 3582). The others availables in Github are still in alpha. Solar2d 2020.3592 is still alpha.

Hello. There are 2 approaches here:

Both approaches does not require any specific code in build.settings except what is here https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/admob/index.html#project-settings

1 Like

On the corona marketplace, Admob is free and activated in my account.
But when I build, there is an error for not subscribing.

PM me your corona account email, make sure you authorized with it.

I have the build 3582, and I activated the plugin on the store too. Nevertheless, i got this error from simulator:

Error while fetching plugins
06:34:33.899 ERROR: plugin could not be validated: plugin.admob (com.coronalabs)
06:34:33.899 ERROR: Activate plugin at: https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/plugin/com.coronalabs/plugin.admob
06:34:33.899 ERROR: exiting due to plugins above not being activated.

I’m having authentication issues too. Could you check it out, please?

expertatos@gmail.com
vanderlei.bispo.moraes@gmail.com

Thanks

Just a quick relevant point. Suspending and resuming an app while showing an AdMob video interstitial on iOS gets rid of the ad.
Hopefully this can be fixed with an update. Thank you.

I think the suspend/resume ad issue is normal, I recall being able to do this in the past.

That’s definitely not the case. Suspending and resuming for a rewarded interstitial or a banner does not get rid of the rewarded interstitial or banner.

It’s a serious flaw and one that has the potential to hamper ad revenue. :frowning:

Please see here:

And take a peek at public void onResumed(CoronaRuntime runtime)

banner.resume(); exists and so does rewardedAd.resume(coronaActivity.getApplicationContext());

I may be misreading. Nevertheless suspend and resume breaks AdMob video interstitials. Users will get wise to it. They did with my Vungle rewarded videos that also exhibited the same problem.

In my “rewardedVideo”, the cross for advertising closing is not always displayed, and after the end of viewing the user cannot close the advertisement and return to the application. Does anyone have such a problem? Solar 3613, plugin admob 1.2.6, Android 9.0

@Kostus, its been like this for a long time, Vlad did attempt to fix it but it failed I believe, well it did because it still does not work.
If you search the forums you will find various threads relating to the issue.
You can always visit the Discord channel and ask “directly”, I did. but didn’t get any response…

I am a beginner Solar2D developer. Now I understand that this is not only my problem. I really hope that Vlad will be able to fix this!

@Kostus AdMob missing UI controls should be fixed now https://github.com/coronalabs/corona/issues/202

1 Like