Admob is not use new SDK with access UDID in iOS

Hi

I just try to upload a app on iOS App store with Admob plug-in by Daily build 1100.

But Apple reject it because the App use non public api try to access Device ID .

After I remove the Admob plug and upload again .

It pass the verify .

Do corona when will change new Admob sdk for Admob plug-in .

And when the schedule to release?

Is anyone can give us a schedule to arrange update plan .

Br

So it sounds like Admob plugin has some issue then… Good to know.  I guess I need to remove it before I submit update to Apple until the issue is resolved…

Naomi

@codingcake, thank you for the clarification in this thread:

http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/34667-reject-by-apple-because-use-access-the-udid-by-build-1100/

I went ahead and submitted mine with Admob plugin, and sure enough, immediately after the Application Loader accepted the binary, the app was rejected by iTunes, marking it as “Invalid Binary.”

Naomi

yes, i got same issue! “Invalid Binary.”

So, here’s the email notice I received from Apple.  If Corona believes the binary should not have been rejected, please let us know what we must tell Apple for their reconsideration.  If not, it would be great to have this issue addressed and fixed soon.

Naomi

Copy of the email from Apple: 

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for “Jackpot Words”. To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Non-public API usage :

• Apps are not permitted to access the UDID and must not use the uniqueIdentifier method of UIDevice. Please update your apps and servers to associate users with the Vendor or Advertising identifiers introduced in iOS 6.

If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed.

If you think this message was sent in error and that you have only used Apple-published APIs in accordance with the guidelines, send the app’s nine-digit Apple ID, along with detailed information about why you believe the above APIs were incorrectly flagged, to appreview@apple.com. For further information, visit the Technical Support Information page.

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click “Ready to Upload Binary.” Continue through the submission process until the app status is “Waiting for Upload.” You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

And yes, after commenting out Admob plugin related code, iTunes appears to be happy with the binary.  It is now waiting for review.  The last time around, iTunes rejected it within a few minutes of uploading the file, so I believe removing the Admob plugin solved the auto reject by Apple.

Naomi

Dang I was about to submit an iOS app with admob. Guess I will wait till this is sorted out.

we need to wait until corona change Admob with latest sdk  to solve this issue :frowning:

I’ll have one of our engineers look at this tomorrow.

Hi

Another issue.

If use plug-in (Admob)  Build for android (Amazon and Nook) will cause build error as below

But Build for (Google play and Samsung ) would be OK

=====

Connection error: (corona.get) ({
    “/kWSHTTPResponseMessage” = “<CFHTTPMessageRef 0x10b8acc50(0x10b8acc60)> { parsed response, url = http://developer.coronalabs.com/services/xmlrpc, status = 200 }”;
})
2013-05-09 14:10:21.395 Corona Simulator[2914:f03] ERROR: Unexpected empty response from build server

=======

hi

I just see the log on Android with Admob plug-in.

It have log as this

====

05-09 16:17:59.695: I/Ads(27135): To get test ads on this device, call adRequest.addTestDevice(“2453CDAC6C976AB81AE3FDDD8D00261B”);

===

Is mean I am in test mode? I turn the test mode off .

I can not make sure what it mean …

Is any one can give me the answer?

@codingcake

Whats your publisher ID set to in your build settings?

I use plug in admob sample

plugins =
    {
        – key is the name passed to Lua’s ‘require()’
        [“CoronaProvider.ads.admob”] =
        {
            – required
            publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,
        },
    },

Looks ok to me… as you say, its from the sample… I asked cause I had an error similar and it was related to the publisherId in the there

really?

I have build the sample seletc target store Amazon and Nook , they all have error .

1101, 1103 ,1105 all the same .

Can you build the sample by select these 2 target store?

I’m having trouble building… for IOS… it was working before… no change to build or admob calls… 

Tested with V1095 and 1105… same error

2013-05-09 21:08:49.988 Corona Simulator[364:f03] Using Custom Build Id bc70f79d7936cfa66c0850e89ebc7979

2013-05-09 21:09:02.403 Corona Simulator[364:f03] Connection error: (corona.get) ({

“/kWSHTTPResponseMessage” = “<CFHTTPMessageRef 0x10f841de0(0x10f841df0)> { parsed response, url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc, status = 200 }”;

})

2013-05-09 21:09:02.403 Corona Simulator[364:f03] ERROR: Unexpected empty response from build server

Anyone having similar probe OR able to build for IOS device with adMob plugin?

Cheers

Richie

deleted (reposted to relevant thread)

We have updated the admob plugin to the latest version and that will be available shortly (to resolve the UDID issue). We are looking into the build issues with the admob plugin.

Cheers for the update @Bryan01

Any “estimated” timeframe on both of those?

Richie

@richard770 - The change has been made - the new plugin should now be available for use when you create a new iOS device build or iOS simulator build.