Admob issue: a black screen after a reward video on Android

I also notice this issue in my Admob reward-video in Android. I thought it was normal at first as I usually show interstitial ads.

Has anyone seen this problem in Appodeal (as they use AdMob) ? 

A question for the Corona staff. Any updates? Do you have time/plans/possibilities to fix the issue? As you see: a lot of people have problems with the Admob reward videos. Something is broken in the Admob plugin for Android. It would be great if the problem would be fixed. We all waiting for that for months (since last summer).

To update the AdMob plugin requires that Corona support Google’s new Android X which it currently does not. This is a massive project, probably on the scale of moving to 64-bit. It’s on our Engineer’s radar to look at, but we can’t drop everything rebuild Android again and ignore all the other pressing issues. 

We know we have to do this but we have to address iOS building issues first.

Rob

Hi.

Static interstitials and video ads are working fine?

The only problem is with the video rewarded ads?

It’s a serious disadvantage but the Appodeal plugin I’m using right now is getting worse every day.

And nobody is saying when we are getting an update with the latest Appodeal SDK.

So far, my admob banner & interstitials are working fine. Only the reward video has some issues (video is shown, but can’t close. Have to press back button on Android).

I was considering switching to Appodeal as it uses admob (for first 1k impressions?). 

Thank you yosu.

If Admob performs better than the other networks, Appodeal will show mostly ads from Admob.

But I wouldn’t recommend you to switch to Appodeal yet.

The plugin is based on the previous SDK version (2.5.x) and there are plenty of issues.

I have been told that there will be an updated version (2.6.1) next week.

It’s a pity that two of the best monetization plugins underperform.

Corona team should make this a priority.

To not fix something that devs have paid real money for it just really bad business…

I originally reported this as an issue summer last year!

For certain geos admob is just unbeatable.

Can we have some transparency on what issues Corona team hopes to address this coming weeks and also features that will be added?

Right now our focus is on finding this server issue.

After that we want to decouple iOS builds from having to use build servers. It’s the last platform that requires us do online builds.

I would think Android X support would be the next emergency, but this will likely be as big of an issue as Android 64-bit 

We hope to get a post out soon with more details.

Rob

Static interstitials, banners and non-rewarded video ads work fine, but rewarded video ads have issues?

I have never used that plugin and now that I’m reading the posts again I’m a bit confused.

If that plugin is so bad why do we still have to pay for it?

We can’t even test it to see how bad it is.

Wouldn’t be a clever move to be free until you fix it?

People who have already paid for it could get a 3-6 month free use when you fix it and make it a payed plugin again.