Admob rewarded video -Fixed ?

I don’t use Admob directly. But I just tried with my ironsource plugin and setting admob to the top of the waterfall and I went through 5 of them without a problem. What non-corona plugin did you try?

Does admob work in other apps? Like Unity games.

@Lerg, working in unity and libgdx- Android

I really dont want to drone on about this,will the rewarded ads for android be fixed ?
Maybe, people assume it is ?
Seems Vlad has had a bash, perhaps he or other contributors dont know this is still broken?

thanks

@bubblebobble

I sincerely apologise that this post doesn’t directly address your issue. But I feel your pain.
AdMob emailed me this week and basically mandated an update to “Update to the latest IMA SDK to avoid potential negative ad revenue impact” for iOS. Couple that with the fact that video interstitial ads on iOS can be easily circumvented - well, it makes for a challenging experience with AdMob.

I love this platform but I have neither the time nor the interest in updating the Solar2D code. Blunt, but that’s the truth of the matter. I am nervous about doing brand new development with Solar2D due to the obvious dependency. I’ll stop there. I’m sure the engineer that keeps this platform going has requests coming in from all sides with varying degrees of priority. It’s always the case that the issue that affects ‘you’ is the priority. It’s seems a lot for one engineer to manage.

I understand that this is a community project and as such it’s about solutions rather than just bleating about the problems. However, I suspect the vast majority of the Solar2D community are either unwilling or unable to ‘fix it themselves’. Just me opinion. I sincerely hope the future is bright.

I opened an issue in GitHub for this and reached out to Vlad to offer assistance.

1 Like