Alphabetic index for TableView

Hi

Help me please, is there a solution for the alphabetic index for TableView?

Like on a picture

Thanks!

No, but it’s not actually hard to build. Just put a display group with the letters over the top of the table view.

What is harder is making the section separators bump to the top as the user scrolls. I’ve still not found a smooth, satisfactory solution for that in Corona; It’s not a built-in feature of the TableView.

Not built in, but I believe I implemented this before.

Loop through all your rows of data, checking the first letter of the entry against the first letter of the previous entry. If it’s different, add a category header for that letter, and store the index of the row in a table alongside the letter. When the user taps on the letters on the right hand side, use the ID of the letter pressed to lookup the row in the index table, and use :scrollToIndex to go to that row.

Thanks guys!

No, but it’s not actually hard to build. Just put a display group with the letters over the top of the table view.

What is harder is making the section separators bump to the top as the user scrolls. I’ve still not found a smooth, satisfactory solution for that in Corona; It’s not a built-in feature of the TableView.

Not built in, but I believe I implemented this before.

Loop through all your rows of data, checking the first letter of the entry against the first letter of the previous entry. If it’s different, add a category header for that letter, and store the index of the row in a table alongside the letter. When the user taps on the letters on the right hand side, use the ID of the letter pressed to lookup the row in the index table, and use :scrollToIndex to go to that row.

Thanks guys!