Amazon Ads API

Hi David.

Any news on that? There is great promotion from Amazon that my client would like to use. Details below.

From the Amazon mail:

"Dear Developer,

As we continue to expand our Amazon Mobile Ads service we are excited to announcea new opportunity for you to earn a guaranteed rate of $1.50 CPM on banner ads during March and April 2014. […]"

Rob or David, any news on getting this integrated. They are extending the 1.5 eCPM deal and we would really like to jump on that. 

I would love to use Amazon Ads service for several reasons including support, on-time payments and so on

“crickets”

Really sorry guys. I’m afraid I don’t have an update yet. Am trying to find out more.

I would argue that a lack of good ad networks and mediation is one of the worst things about corona right now. It’s why we still develop a lot of our products with the Native SDK. 

Hey andyarnott - thanks for the comment. Couple of things on that:

1. We actually do have some good ad network options. Take a look at all our plugins here: www.coronalabs.com/resources/plugins

And we have a few more coming soon

1. Any Corona developer is able to use Corona Enterprise and build in any ad network that want. It does cost a little more, but is still very affordable compared to other options.

Hi David, 

I’m a one man team, the enterprise is just too pricy. I just hope amazon ads are on the to-do list for you guys

still wondering myself… this and game circle are the only 2 things keeping my apps out of the developer select program

If we are able to use amazon ads… then my apps with ads would be accepted in the amazon developer select program(500,000 impressions). We need this.

I agree - Amazon API is becoming more and more attractive.  Between the promotions ($1.50 guaranteed) and the brand name / reliability, I would think this would be a big draw for developers.

The sheer fact that I will not have to constantly monitor my payments and send ‘reminder’ emails to some of the smaller options out there  that I have tried (inneractive, revmob, etc.) would be hugely helpful.

Are there any updates from Amazon about the feasibility of using their API outside of enterprise?  I would guess from the way that they are pushing the service, they would be eager to get the extra exposure through corona.

What is happening with the Amazon Ad support?   I was looking at InMobi as one option.  For some inexplicable reason they removed the button to specify a Kindle App and gave me this response which I’m having trouble comprehending.

Dear Customer,

The Kindle option is now removed from the UI. However you can register your property using the mobile web option provided you have an email id mentioned in your App store page. We will check for the same for App verification post which we will approve the App.

That sounds rather messy.  I’d rather start with a nice clean solution - like tight integration with Amazon ads on my Kindle Fire app.  What is the status on this?

I am bumping this thread to bring it into attention.

There are still no new updates on this.

I think this is another example of why the plugin kit should be open to all. This is not an unreasonable feature request. Yet we are forced to just sit around waiting with no resolution in sight. I don’t want to be one of those people who threatens to walk. But I am getting rather concerned that CL is not making the necessary investments to keep up with the feature requests or provide a time table. This is crippling Amazon app developers from being able to obtain special handling from Amazon.

Hey everyone - I completely empathize around this. We are trying to figure out how to best get this to our developers, but it has been tricky to say the least. 

At the same time (and I know many of you know this already): there is an option for you. You can use Corona Enterprise, as many other developers have and create your own plugins for these services. Doing so is no more difficult than what native developers have to do to integrate them.

So I just want to be clear that there are options. But I also understand some of you may not want to embark on making your own plugin and want to get it through the easy “Corona way”.

Do you work in the sales department or get a commission? That’s not the answer that I was looking for - and I’ve seen it several times on this board. Spending $2400/year to fix my own problem that even your company claims is “tricky” and seems to be having trouble with is not an appealing option. Another concern I have about Enterprise is that I’ve seen several complaints about CL’s investment in the documentation and support of that as well. By opening up the plugin market to all, CL can create a “network effect” and build a customer base around a new plugin economy. While I’m tossing out business terms, CL might also like to remember to focus on “core competencies” - instead of drifting off into new territories leaving us hanging.

mitchellallen - just a couple of points to clear up:

1. My reference to “tricky” is not that building a plugin is hard, rather trying to get one or more 3rd parties to do the plugin (e.g., Amazon) and all the workflow around that. I actually know of developers that have done their own plugin for this pretty quickly.

2. Having said that, you do need to know native development. What you refer to as complaints about documentation have come from developers that are not familiar with native development and face a steep learning curve when they have to combine it with Corona and its ease of use. We are trying to improve the usage of Corona Enterprise for Corona developers that don’t have experience with Xcode/Android SDK (hence a couple of recent tutorials), but there is nothing we can do about the inherent difference in difficulty between the two.

Finally - everyone at Corona agrees the plugin marketplace is a good idea. We’ve never disputed that. It’s just a matter of priorities and resources. We are not a huge company and cannot undertake many big projects at one time. We hear you on this. My mention of Corona Enterprise is to emphasize that there are alternatives, even though it may not be the exact alternative everyone wants right now.

What is happening with the Amazon Ad support?   I was looking at InMobi as one option.  For some inexplicable reason they removed the button to specify a Kindle App and gave me this response which I’m having trouble comprehending.

Dear Customer,

The Kindle option is now removed from the UI. However you can register your property using the mobile web option provided you have an email id mentioned in your App store page. We will check for the same for App verification post which we will approve the App.

That sounds rather messy.  I’d rather start with a nice clean solution - like tight integration with Amazon ads on my Kindle Fire app.  What is the status on this?

I am bumping this thread to bring it into attention.