Amazon Ads API

For those of you who have been publishing to amazon app store, you may have received a special offer email for a FREE HD Kindle fire.

The details are basically that you need to implement the Amazon Ads API by Sept 1st and get 500 serves per week until October.

I would absolutely love to participate, but I can’t find a straightforward way to implement Amazon ads through corona.  Anyone more technically savvy than myself that could offer me some direction?

Thanks!

We currently do not support Amazon’s Ad API’s.  Sept 1 is just a couple of weeks away and with the engineer’s focus on Graphics 2.0 and the next public build (Not related),  I don’t see Sept 1 as being realistic for this.  The only choice would be to use Enterprise and build in the API for yourself.

We currently do not support Amazon’s Ad API’s.  Sept 1 is just a couple of weeks away and with the engineer’s focus on Graphics 2.0 and the next public build (Not related),  I don’t see Sept 1 as being realistic for this.  The only choice would be to use Enterprise and build in the API for yourself.

September is long gone so fast forward to now. Is there an intention to implement amazon Ad API?

Blerdo - I am discussing this with Amazon still. Not sure when we will have news on this, hopefully soon.

David thanks fore the response.

This is very important to me because the app that I have developed for the client is getting really good traction and soon it will be featured by Amazon. Obviously my client wants to monetize all those downloads that do not result in IAP.

Hi David.

Any news on that? There is great promotion from Amazon that my client would like to use. Details below.

From the Amazon mail:

"Dear Developer,

As we continue to expand our Amazon Mobile Ads service we are excited to announcea new opportunity for you to earn a guaranteed rate of $1.50 CPM on banner ads during March and April 2014. […]"

September is long gone so fast forward to now. Is there an intention to implement amazon Ad API?

Blerdo - I am discussing this with Amazon still. Not sure when we will have news on this, hopefully soon.

Rob or David, any news on getting this integrated. They are extending the 1.5 eCPM deal and we would really like to jump on that. 

I would love to use Amazon Ads service for several reasons including support, on-time payments and so on

“crickets”

Really sorry guys. I’m afraid I don’t have an update yet. Am trying to find out more.

I would argue that a lack of good ad networks and mediation is one of the worst things about corona right now. It’s why we still develop a lot of our products with the Native SDK. 

Hey andyarnott - thanks for the comment. Couple of things on that:

1. We actually do have some good ad network options. Take a look at all our plugins here: www.coronalabs.com/resources/plugins

And we have a few more coming soon

1. Any Corona developer is able to use Corona Enterprise and build in any ad network that want. It does cost a little more, but is still very affordable compared to other options.

Hi David, 

I’m a one man team, the enterprise is just too pricy. I just hope amazon ads are on the to-do list for you guys

still wondering myself… this and game circle are the only 2 things keeping my apps out of the developer select program

David thanks fore the response.

This is very important to me because the app that I have developed for the client is getting really good traction and soon it will be featured by Amazon. Obviously my client wants to monetize all those downloads that do not result in IAP.

If we are able to use amazon ads… then my apps with ads would be accepted in the amazon developer select program(500,000 impressions). We need this.

I agree - Amazon API is becoming more and more attractive.  Between the promotions ($1.50 guaranteed) and the brand name / reliability, I would think this would be a big draw for developers.

The sheer fact that I will not have to constantly monitor my payments and send ‘reminder’ emails to some of the smaller options out there  that I have tried (inneractive, revmob, etc.) would be hugely helpful.

Are there any updates from Amazon about the feasibility of using their API outside of enterprise?  I would guess from the way that they are pushing the service, they would be eager to get the extra exposure through corona.