Amazon IAP is definitely NOT broke

I initially and incorrectly reported Amazon IAP as broke in the original post title. Amazon IAP is in fact NOT broke!

Please disregard what follows…

How do I know this?

Because I am doing a bunch of updates to the store right now.

Between one app update and the next app update, store.init(TransactionCallback) fails.

I have used adb logcat Corona:v *:s with a print statement either side of store.init(TransactionCallback)

The print statement immediately following store.init(TransactionCallback) fails to execute.

As a sanity check, I rebuilt an app that I had uploaded to Amazon literally 30 minutes ago (when the call to store.init(TransactionCallback)) worked.

You guessed it - the call to store.init(TransactionCallback) no longer works.

I’ve experienced this with your plugin architecture before - and I’m on the end of it again and it’s not very nice. 

When will Amazon IAP be fixed?

Hello @MAS1,

According to the engineers, no changes have been made to the Amazon IAP plugin in a long time (as in, many months). Did you change anything else (anything at all) between the version that was working and the one that isn’t working now?

Brent

Hi MAS1,

I am sorry you are having troubles. The Amazon IAP plugin for Corona has not been changed since its original announcement and release. Can you please share your entire Logcat output? Just the Corona entries may not be enough as the Amazon IAP SDK and Corona plugin have their own logging output. Do you have the Amazon SDK Tester installed?

@MAS1

You need the Amazon App Tester installed on your device, otherwise the app will fail on init. You can download it from the Amazon App Store app.

(@tamkinp The Amazon SDK Tester is deprecated in favor of the Amazon App Tester as I understand it?)

I tested Amazon IAP with the newer Amazon App Tester and it seemed to work well. 

After installing the Amazon App Tester, you’ll need to populate your IAP items. The easiest is to download a JSON file with your IAP items from the Amazon Developer Console. Just copy the JSON file to the root-directory of your device and all should be well.

@Ingemar,

I wish I could change the post title to: Amazon IAP is definitely NOT broke.

Somehow I had managed to delete the Amazon App Tester from my device. Re-installing it did the trick.

@Corona Labs

Given the number and quality of posts that Ingemar puts out on this forum, I sure hope he is getting a lot more than just Enterprise for his troubles. Honestly - this guy should be granted the rank of Wizard Jedi Master and the rank should be conferred in a ceremony headed up by Yoda himself. Rob and Brent also do a great job.

No doubt it - if Ingemar departed from these forums it would be some loss.

@MAS1

Super Thanks for the vote of confidence  ^_^. I really appreciate it.

…wish I could change the post title to: Amazon IAP is definitely NOT broke.

I’m not sure if that was rhetorical or not, however if it wasn’t: After clicking Edit  an OP can change the Topic Title of the post by clicking the Use Full Editor  (blue) button  :slight_smile: .

Hello @MAS1,

According to the engineers, no changes have been made to the Amazon IAP plugin in a long time (as in, many months). Did you change anything else (anything at all) between the version that was working and the one that isn’t working now?

Brent

Hi MAS1,

I am sorry you are having troubles. The Amazon IAP plugin for Corona has not been changed since its original announcement and release. Can you please share your entire Logcat output? Just the Corona entries may not be enough as the Amazon IAP SDK and Corona plugin have their own logging output. Do you have the Amazon SDK Tester installed?

@MAS1

You need the Amazon App Tester installed on your device, otherwise the app will fail on init. You can download it from the Amazon App Store app.

(@tamkinp The Amazon SDK Tester is deprecated in favor of the Amazon App Tester as I understand it?)

I tested Amazon IAP with the newer Amazon App Tester and it seemed to work well. 

After installing the Amazon App Tester, you’ll need to populate your IAP items. The easiest is to download a JSON file with your IAP items from the Amazon Developer Console. Just copy the JSON file to the root-directory of your device and all should be well.

@Ingemar,

I wish I could change the post title to: Amazon IAP is definitely NOT broke.

Somehow I had managed to delete the Amazon App Tester from my device. Re-installing it did the trick.

@Corona Labs

Given the number and quality of posts that Ingemar puts out on this forum, I sure hope he is getting a lot more than just Enterprise for his troubles. Honestly - this guy should be granted the rank of Wizard Jedi Master and the rank should be conferred in a ceremony headed up by Yoda himself. Rob and Brent also do a great job.

No doubt it - if Ingemar departed from these forums it would be some loss.

@MAS1

Super Thanks for the vote of confidence  ^_^. I really appreciate it.

…wish I could change the post title to: Amazon IAP is definitely NOT broke.

I’m not sure if that was rhetorical or not, however if it wasn’t: After clicking Edit  an OP can change the Topic Title of the post by clicking the Use Full Editor  (blue) button  :slight_smile: .