Amazon in app purchase testing worked but always fails on live

I just got my app approved for the Amazon store, I did alot of testing yesterday prior to submitting it to the store and everything was working perfectly fine for the in app purchases using the SDK Tester. I have created the SKU for the in app purchase on developer.amazon.com and it has been approved under same sku as the test used. I have downloaded my app on my kindle and everytime i try to initialize the purchase it always fails instantly.

Any ideas to why it worked for testing but not on live?

Heres the app link:

http://www.amazon.com/TruIndieGames-Nannys-Bingo/dp/B00JW279T2/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1398360953&sr=1-1&keywords=nanny%27s+bingo

Thanks for the help!

Hi TruIndieGames,

I downloaded your app and am experiencing the same problem. I see some errors in the log from Appstore, but I’m not sure if any of them point to your problem. I do see that no response to the purchase request. Are you sure you are calling purchase(sku) using the sku you registered at developer.amazon.com?

When do you call store.init()? When the app starts or when the ‘REMOVE ADS’ button is pressed?

I’m surprised they approved your app, because they usually test IAP pretty thoroughly and this sort of error will block approval. Your Rate button also goes to Google Play, which also should have blocked your approval, just FYI.

At this point, I would recommend opening a ContactUs with Amazon at developer.amazon.com/contactus.html

I call store.init() in  my main.lua file. Also I wasn’t aware it opens google play as it is linked to open 

amzn://apps/android?p= with my app sku

and yes I am sure the SKU is correct, i have directly copy and pasted the sku for the in app item from developer.amazon and pasted it into the purchase.

EDIT: I did find the reason it was linking to google play, and fixed it thanks for the heads up. I am still at a loss for why the iap isnt working, i have triple checked all skus and even rebuilt the same code that i submitted and tryed the SDK Tester again and it all works perfect again… I sent an email to Amazon Contact Us and am still awaiting a response but any help would be great. I don’t like having a non functioning app out on the market and I am not sure why it was accepted either if that isnt working.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I am still trying to contact Amazon and they have not responded, meanwhile my app is on the market with this bug. Any and all suggestions would be great!

EDIT: After uploading my new APK with the rate button fix the in app purchase seems to be working, the problem must have been on their end? Anyways if anyone can confirm that it works for them I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi TruIndieGames,

I downloaded your app and am experiencing the same problem. I see some errors in the log from Appstore, but I’m not sure if any of them point to your problem. I do see that no response to the purchase request. Are you sure you are calling purchase(sku) using the sku you registered at developer.amazon.com?

When do you call store.init()? When the app starts or when the ‘REMOVE ADS’ button is pressed?

I’m surprised they approved your app, because they usually test IAP pretty thoroughly and this sort of error will block approval. Your Rate button also goes to Google Play, which also should have blocked your approval, just FYI.

At this point, I would recommend opening a ContactUs with Amazon at developer.amazon.com/contactus.html

I call store.init() in  my main.lua file. Also I wasn’t aware it opens google play as it is linked to open 

amzn://apps/android?p= with my app sku

and yes I am sure the SKU is correct, i have directly copy and pasted the sku for the in app item from developer.amazon and pasted it into the purchase.

EDIT: I did find the reason it was linking to google play, and fixed it thanks for the heads up. I am still at a loss for why the iap isnt working, i have triple checked all skus and even rebuilt the same code that i submitted and tryed the SDK Tester again and it all works perfect again… I sent an email to Amazon Contact Us and am still awaiting a response but any help would be great. I don’t like having a non functioning app out on the market and I am not sure why it was accepted either if that isnt working.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I am still trying to contact Amazon and they have not responded, meanwhile my app is on the market with this bug. Any and all suggestions would be great!

EDIT: After uploading my new APK with the rate button fix the in app purchase seems to be working, the problem must have been on their end? Anyways if anyone can confirm that it works for them I would greatly appreciate it!

did you ever figure out what went awry here or was it just a fluke thing? working on amazon iAP now and want to prevent this happening 

I think the problem was that I had submitted the in app purchase item to Amazon, but it hadn’t been approved and status set to Live, once it was updated and had a “Live” status all it worked just fine.

did you ever figure out what went awry here or was it just a fluke thing? working on amazon iAP now and want to prevent this happening 

I think the problem was that I had submitted the in app purchase item to Amazon, but it hadn’t been approved and status set to Live, once it was updated and had a “Live” status all it worked just fine.