Android 14 (API Level 34)

As a short term fix, I’ve forced my builds to use API 34 by adding a gradle file to my project.

The file goes here: yourProject/AndroidResources/corona.gradle

and the content of the file is:

android.defaultConfig.ndk.abiFilters "armeabi-v7a",  "arm64-v8a"

ext["excludeCoronaPlugin"] = true
ext["includeCoronaPlugin"] = ["dependencies"]

android {
    compileSdkVersion 34

defaultConfig {
        minSdkVersion 26
        targetSdkVersion 34
    }
}

I’ve had a build out for a week or two now which uses this workaround, and I haven’t encountered any problems from it.

5 Likes

Did you upload the version with this file to the store? Did the Android warning disappear?

Yes, I uploaded to the store and the warning went away. I can’t say for certain that this workaround will work for everyone, as you may be using plugins or features that I do not use. However we use a lot of plugins including a bunch of ad mediation and I haven’t encountered any increase in errors/crashes/ANRs.

2 Likes

Also receiving build error, similar to others. Built fine with 3699.

ERROR:C:\Users\me\.gradle\caches\transforms-3\e95fefe9e0be489136c0dc2d76aa5df8\transformed\jetified-Corona\jars\classes.jar: D8: java.lang.NullPointerException

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':App:desugarReleaseFileDependencies'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.DexFileDependenciesTask$DexFileDependenciesWorkerAction
   > Error while dexing.

Thanks a lot, perfectly working on my side, no more SDK warning message!

@alanFlickGames is this issue going to impact builds already approved that work fine on API 33?

@vlad and @Scott_Harrison Seems to me the days of Solar2D are limited, due to the fact that neither Vlad or Scott are working as much as they were previously on Solar2D. There does not appear to be any transparency about this, except however, that Vlad has imformed me of an issue keeping him from working. I am understanding, but @vlad and @Scott_Harrison , so many people count on Solar2D to be up-to-date and if your lives have changed, we deserve to know. Especially those of us who support you on Patreon, right?

Objectively speaking, I agree that it’s fine to provide periodic updates on the overall progress.

Anyway, Solar2D 3708 is up.

3 Likes

Thank you @clang; I edited the previous post. Do you think it is now more appropriate?

1 Like

Thanks. You’re very gentlemanly.

Since I don’t know about the progress of Vlad and Scott’s work behind the scenes, I prefer not to give my opinion so as not to be unfair, but for some time now I’ve also been upset about not knowing anything about the progress of Solar2D, about things to be done in the future, about problems, set dates for things to happen, etc… This kind of causes apprehension for those who depend on the tool to create and update their applications. I completely agree that there should be more transparency about Solar2D, not in relation to demanding more agility, etc. But simply to provide information and a guide for those who don’t know anything about the future of the tool.

UPDATE FINALLY!

Solar2D Build 3708 is still resulting in Build Error 256.

1 Like

3708 has been refreshed with the jre17 update, so make sure you download the new version and not the old one.

1 Like

3708 is ok for me at least for successful builds.

Nothing new here, delays are normal for Solar2D as every other SDK more or less popular.
At the end everything is fixed and the fight continues :smiley:

4 Likes

Here it compiled normally with 3708 version, I have already updated and uploaded the app to the store, thanks to everyone involved.

1 Like

Downloaded 3708 today, build failed with:

08:59:16.516 * What went wrong:
08:59:16.516 Could not resolve all artifacts for configuration ‘classpath’.
08:59:16.516 > Could not find com.beust:klaxon:5.0.1.
08:59:16.516 Searched in the following locations:
08:59:16.516 - https://dl.google.com/dl/android/maven2/com/beust/klaxon/5.0.1/klaxon-5.0.1.pom
08:59:16.516 - https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/beust/klaxon/5.0.1/klaxon-5.0.1.pom
08:59:16.516 Required by:
08:59:16.516 unspecified:unspecified:unspecified

Seems klaxon 5.0.1 been removed on jcenter???
Refer to https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.beust/klaxon?repo=jcenter

You can try edit the template/build.gradle.kts and template/settings.gradle.kts inside the android-template.zip, on macOS was locate in /Applications/Corona-3708/Native/Corona/android/resource/android-template.zip, and zip it back, do a Android build.

template/build.gradle.kts:

buildscript {
    repositories {
        google()
-        jcenter()
+        mavenCentral()
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath("org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-gradle-plugin:1.6.21")
        classpath("com.android.tools.build:gradle:8.5.1")
-        classpath("com.beust:klaxon:5.0.1")
+        classpath("com.beust:klaxon:5.6")
    }
}

allprojects {
    repositories {
        google()
-        jcenter()
+        mavenCentral()
        // maven(url = "https:// some custom repo")
        val nativeDir = if (System.getProperty("os.name").toLowerCase().contains("windows")) {
            System.getenv("CORONA_ROOT")

template/settings.gradle.kts:

buildscript {
    repositories {
        google()
-        jcenter()
+        mavenCentral()
    }
    dependencies {
-        classpath("com.beust:klaxon:5.0.1")
+        classpath("com.beust:klaxon:5.6")
    }
}
3 Likes

thanks
android-template.zip (119.5 KB)
working zip file

1 Like

I also got the Klaxon error, and tried modifying the files mentioned inside android-template.zip but am still getting this build error “1” :

BUILD FAILED
/Applications/Corona-3708/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/build.xml:99: /var/folders/y1/g3_t3pmd41d6p1p23ysn1v440000gn/T/CLtmpySdh02/template does not exist.

All my problems are cleared up in v3709. Thanks all!

2 Likes