Android build does not work

Hello,
I made game in coronasdk (half year ago). Now I installed solar2d from GitHub. I moved my game there and everything works fine, but I can’t do builds for android (every build ends with error 1). Is it because my game includes AdMob and google play services? (If yes, then what is the solution)

Thanks for every advice.

You need to post some more information, like posting your build log to pastebin.

You can also debug this yourself by removing all plugins from your project and seeing if it builds then. If so, then you add the plugins back one by one until the building fails again, etc.

The error should be written to the console … most likely it will be plugin related issue that has to be changed from corona to solar2d or Java version (JDK)

I found this in console:

What went wrong:
14:02:07.617  Execution failed for task ':App:processReleaseManifest'.
14:02:07.617  > Manifest merger failed : uses-sdk:minSdkVersion 15 cannot be smaller than version 16 declared in library [com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:19.3.0] C:\Users\joe\.gradle\caches\transforms-2\files-2.1\f286d99e8ffbbc5e7ec2b58823b4\jetified-play-services-ads-19.3.0\AndroidManifest.xml as the library might be using APIs not available in 15
14:02:07.617    	Suggestion: use a compatible library with a minSdk of at most 15,
14:02:07.617    		or increase this project's minSdk version to at least 16,
14:02:07.617    		or use tools:overrideLibrary="com.google.android.gms.ads.impl" to force usage (may lead to runtime failures)

If I set minSdkVersion in build.settings.lua, build works. Is there another solution for this?

If you want to use your current plugin(s), then yes, you must set it to 16.

1 Like