Android build failed (256)

Hi there,
I see there are some previous discussions about this problem, but I can’t find a solution, please help me and thank you.

ERROR:/Users/vincentchen/.gradle/caches/transforms-3/e95fefe9e0be489136c0dc2d76aa5df8/transformed/jetified-Corona/jars/classes.jar: D8: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.length()" because "<parameter1>" is null

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
                    Execution failed for task ':App:desugarReleaseFileDependencies'.
                    > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.DexFileDependenciesTask$DexFileDependenciesWorkerAction
                       > Error while dexing.

* Try:
                    > Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
                    > Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
                    > Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 34s
Aug 05 23:07:26.445 
Aug 05 23:07:26.508 Android build failed (256) after 68 seconds

MBP M1 / Corona Simulator Version 2024.3707

Project: GitHub - PapaBubaDiop/flappy-bird

You’ll need to uninstall Solar2D and install the previous version (3706):

1 Like

Hey colinmorgan,
Thank you so much!
This version(3706) works just fine.
May I ask why ver.3707 doesen’t work?

I’m not 100% sure.

From what I gather, Vlad made a change to something pertaining to iOS that shouldn’t have affected anything to do with Android, but it appears there were unintended consequences. I can only assume that the reason he hasn’t pushed out a fix is that he’s in the middle of doing the API update for Android builds and will roll out both simultaneously. (Hopefully soon! :smiley:)

2 Likes

The latest Build 3708 is ALSO resulting in Build Error 256.

1 Like

The first version of build 3708 had a bug and was replaced about an hour after it was posted with a fixed version. Do you have the “new” version of 3708?

1 Like

I did a successful build using 3708 a bit earlier.

2 Likes

same error but different circumstances here: Android Build Error 256 in 3707, 3708 and 3709