Android Build Warnings (2 new ones)

Any idea what can be done about these warnings? I received these warnings when uploading a new build to Google Play today.

WARNING: This App Bundle contains Java/Kotlin code, which might be obfuscated. We recommend you upload a deobfuscation file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

WARNING: This App Bundle contains native code, and you’ve not uploaded debug symbols. We recommend you upload a symbol file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

1 Like

Solution to 2nd Warning Message is as follows:
In each Build release, where we download .zip or .dmg files to install the build, he also includes the file “AndroidDebugSymbols-2021.3645.zip”

To add this to your build file and remove the warning “you’ve not uploaded debug symbols”, from the Google Play Dev Console, after you upload your latest .aab file, you must do the following in this order.

1. click save at the bottom of the page (vital step so you don’t have to discard and recreate the build)
  2. then, click on the -> to the right of the build (it’s a blue arrow)
  3. then, click Explore app bundle
  4. then, click the “downloads” tab
  5. then, scroll to the bottom of the page
  6. then, click the upload button for “Native Debug Symbols”, select the file you downloaded from the Solar2D build page, and it will upload.
  7. then, return to your build page and continue with your rollout as you normally would.

I’m still looking for help pertaining to the 1st Warning Message.

4 Likes

Google Dev Console moved where you can find the Upload button for “Native Bug Symbols”, so here is an update to the list above.

1. then, under the “Assets” section, you should see where “Native Debug Symbols” is located. And you can click the icon on the far right to do the upload. Select the file you downloaded from the Solar2D build page, and it will upload.

2. then, return to your build page and continue with your rollout as you normally would.

If you follow these instructions and then can’t get back to your testing track, go back to it and click Edit Release. Then, if it didn’t save your app bundle, don’t worry. It’s in the Library. Just select Upload from Library and you can get it. The Native Debug Symbols you associated with it will be with it.

I have come to learn that the 1st Warning Message above, referencing Java/Kotlin code, is something not necessary for those of us developing with Solar2D, so you can ignore it.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you for this. I am having trouble with signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR)
May I know if it must be a new release to work?
I added to the current production following your steps, but sadly so far haven’t seen a more detailed crash report

I use apk, didn’t use a aab file
update: I received feedback, thank you so much for this!

I’m not sure about your trouble. But using the aab file is all I now use.

got it, I managed to narrow down the issue thanks to your steps.

Here’s what I have tested.

1. For apk, and you can add the “Native Debug Symbols” to it, doesn’t have to be aab file.
  2. For apps in production, doesn’t need to submit a new version.
  3. it will show a better bug report. For example mine was:
    lib/arm64/libcorona.so
    now it becomes
    /lib/arm64/libcorona.so(Rtt::ALmixerSoundCompletionEvent::~ALmixerSoundCompletionEvent((SourceCode:/Users/runner/work/corona/corona/librtt/Rtt_PlatformOpenALPlayer.cpp:77)
1 Like