Android compatibility warning in play store pre-launch report

I am using solar2d build 2020.3582 with build settings [https://pastebin.com/DPc5zRMN]. I am getting 2 warnings from play store regarding greylisted API in the pre-launch report. I am using Appodeal and google iap v3 in my apps.

The stacktrace are:

StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/content/Context;->bindServiceAsUser(Landroid/content/Intent;Landroid/content/ServiceConnection;ILandroid/os/Handler;Landroid/os/UserHandle;)Z
	at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:407)
	at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethodInternal(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:2067)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:2050)
	at DT.a(PG:8)
	at En.a(PG:10)
	at DU.a(PG:50)
	at Ij.<init>(PG:4)
	at org.chromium.content.browser.ChildProcessLauncherHelperImpl.a(PG:32)
	at HF.run(PG:3)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:883)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:67)

and

StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/content/Context;->bindServiceAsUser(Landroid/content/Intent;Landroid/content/ServiceConnection;ILandroid/os/Handler;Landroid/os/UserHandle;)Z
	at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:428)
	at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethodInternal(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:2064)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:2047)
	at aLZ.a(PG:11)
	at aMw.a(PG:11)
	at aMa.a(PG:43)
	at cBg.<init>(PG:4)
	at cAx.run(PG:9)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:873)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)

I believe that for the moment you can be relatively calm the API in the graylist are reported as such because they could be deprecated in the future.
Usually they are system features.
You can try removing and removing the plugins until you find the one or the ones that report problems so as to make a more precise report.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining the issue. I think it could be from appodeal plugin, I will wait for the appodeal plugin update 2.6.3 and see whether it goes away or not.