Android CoronaViewer and Particle Effects

Hello,

I think I found a possible bug with the Android version of CoronaViewer when attempting to use particle effects. Note: Works fine with CoronaViewer on iOS… so possible inter-related issue to that found with accessing audio in https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/62041-corona-viewer-and-audio/

Runtime error (on CoronaViewer with Android only) occurs when attempting to transition into composer scene where a PEX file is loaded. Specific error is:

"

Users/jenkins/slaveroot/workspace/Templates/label/android/subrepos/composer/composer.lua:1451: /data/data/com.<my company name>.CoronaViewer/files/coronaResources//com/ponywolf/pex.lua:29: bad argument #1 to ‘find’ (string expected, got nil)

"

To check it was not an issue with the Ponywolf Pex4Corona library I tried using the alternative approach as per the Sample “EmiiterBasic2” with “particleDesigner.lua”, “slaxdom.lua” and “slaxml.lua”… with the same type of error (only on CoronaViewer with Android).

Additionally, the project works fine if I build the project and sideload the APK on the same Android device.

As a simple test I purged my project, and loaded the “EmitterBasic2” sample in the /Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer folder. It works fine on the iOS install of CoronaViewer… just not on the Android instance.

I was hoping someone could try replicating the latter (EmitterBasic2 sample)… and then we can file a bug report if the same results occur.

Thanks