Android Push Notification icons not showing?

I can’t get Android to show my remote push notifications icons.

I created the icon files as described in the docs:

IconNotificationDefault-ldpi.png 18 × 18

IconNotificationDefault-mdpi.png 24 × 24

IconNotificationDefault-hdpi.png 36 × 36

IconNotificationDefault-xhdpi.png 48 × 48

IconNotificationDefault-xxhdpi.png 72 × 72

IconNotificationDefault-xxxhdpi.png 96 × 96

When scheduling local notifications the icon shows as it should, but when receiving remote push notifications (firebase) it shows the default icon (white square) instead of the ones I created.

Thanks.

By the way this notification issue is still unsolved: 

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/71552-notificationscancelnotification-not-working/

Can you create a demo project that shows off these problems? It needs to have a main.lua, config.lua, build.settings and any images and other assets needed to build the app and test on device. Please put that in a .zip file.  Keep in mind we can’t duplicate your Firebase setup, but we should be able to build against your Package Name and be able to test it. We will need a way to send out test push messages.

Put all the details needed to test this in the message on the “Report a bug” forum above please.

Rob

I sent the bug report. Thanks

Thanks!

Any news on this?

It’s on our Engineering to-do list. 

Rob

Hi! 
The bug report on the pipeline. I will notify you when it will be done. 

Best regards,
Tim

Great. Thanks

Can you create a demo project that shows off these problems? It needs to have a main.lua, config.lua, build.settings and any images and other assets needed to build the app and test on device. Please put that in a .zip file.  Keep in mind we can’t duplicate your Firebase setup, but we should be able to build against your Package Name and be able to test it. We will need a way to send out test push messages.

Put all the details needed to test this in the message on the “Report a bug” forum above please.

Rob

I sent the bug report. Thanks

Thanks!

Any news on this?

It’s on our Engineering to-do list. 

Rob

Hi! 
The bug report on the pipeline. I will notify you when it will be done. 

Best regards,
Tim

Great. Thanks

@rob @Tim_Light @ojnab is this fixed yet?

Hi a.jaks

I don’t think it was ever fixed by coronalabs.They never got back to me in response to the bug report.
I seem to remember I got it to work by adding the lines below to the build settings.
It has been a while so not sure if I did other stuff too. You can try it out.

android =
	{
		applicationChildElements =
        {
			-- Fix notification icon bug
			[[<meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.messaging.default_notification_icon"
			android:resource="@drawable/corona_statusbar_icon_default"
			/>]],
        },
	},

@ojnab thank you for that! I will try that but can you tell me how your drawable folder looks like? Do you have a “res” folder for that in your projects root?

I didn’t use the “res” folder for the notification icons. I just added the icon files as described in the docs: