Android SDK 33 - 'topFrame' error

Hi,
I have a problem with the latest build on android (2023.3693). I just updated my app without changing anything in the code, and I get this error:
?:0: attempt to index field ‘topFrame’ (a nil value)
Works well on the simulator.

I have the same bug and wrote in discord in help-and-support channel.
I think they’re working on it.

Also getting this error

topFrame is part of the widgets library - mainly scrollView and tableView.

WARNING: Failed to find image 'widget_theme_android_holo_light.png'
ERROR: display.newImageRect() bad argument #2: filename or image sheet expected, but got nil
ERROR: Runtime error
attempt to index field 'topFrame' (a nil value)

Looks like default assets are missing in the build.

2 Likes

You are getting the error also?
We do have scrollview in our apps. Error only happens with 3693

you can set hideScrollBar = true to “fix” it

2 Likes

Thanks @anon63346430 ! really appreciate!
that does seem to “fix” the bug. albeit in a band aid type of way

I have a similar problem:
?:0: attempt to call method ‘toFront’ (a nil value).
I also use scrollview so I posted here as I think they are related.

Hi, if you use Native build then try to using latest Android App Template and make sure android.enableResourceOptimizations=false in the gradle.properties file.

refer: Android Studio 4.2 started to rename resources inside APK in release build - Stack Overflow

Or if you use Solar2D Simulator to build android, you can modify template/gradle.properties, as previously mentioned, in the zip file C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona\Native\Corona\android\resource\android-template.zip and re-pack it back to zip.

I believe Solar2D is working on it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I’m using Simulator on Mac and followed your suggestion to solve the “top frame” issue , but then build fails with:

BUILD FAILED
/Applications/Corona-3693/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/build.xml:99: /var/folders/cl/ctgzg1kx35v3fq949qyj60y40000gn/T/CLtmp3JJ9dv/template does not exist.

I get Build Error even if I open and just re-pack the android-template.zip

The error:/Applications/Corona-3693/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/build.xml:99: /var/folders/cl/ctgzg1kx35v3fq949qyj60y40000gn/T/CLtmpjm9sq1/template does not exist.

this should be fixed in next build, coming in several hours

1 Like

Hi! I am using the Solar 2D 2023.3694 build and I get an error message in scenes where there are sliders, although everything works fine in the Windows simulator. I just updated Solar and did not make any changes to the code.

3695 fixes that issue, already live

2 Likes

Thank You!

Thank you vlads !

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.