Angry Farmer - Corona Blitz #1

Hey!

Angry Farmer.  Took just under 4 hours to complete.  You are a farmer in a truck and the idea is to collect as many spuds as possible.  Also in the game are chaser moles (do they even eat potatoes?!) who you are competing against.  The chaser logic is pretty simple but I was able to reuse a template that I previously wrote, which saved me a lot of time!  And for the controls I am using the excellent x-pressive analog joystick library, which again saved me a lot of time because you can get it up and running in under a minute Was also able to also use Rob Miracle’s excellent tutorial on reloading scenes for my game – glad I saw that the other day!

The game uses a (kind-of-not-so) randomise function to place items onto the map.  The game gets progressively harder by increasing the number of moles and obstacles and spuds if the player beats the mole(s).  If the mole beats the player then the map reloads again with the same number of objects/obstacles. You can run over the pesky moles as well to stop them right in their tracks… permanently! Some of them will just run into you though! lol

I didn’t have time to put in sound although I had already downloaded the sound files. I also wasted about half hour trying to amend the analog joystick library to make the controls behave more like those in the original GTA, but didn’t have any success with that

https://github.com/RichieLoco/AngryFarmer

Enjoy!  :slight_smile:

Rich

Any screen shots, or videos of the game play?

yeah, sure dude. Few moments

Here are a few:

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Rich

Any screen shots, or videos of the game play?

yeah, sure dude. Few moments

Here are a few:

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Rich