Any more current version of the LunarAds SDK?

It’s been pretty quiet from LunarAds, does anyone know if it’s working or up to date with latest CoronaSDK build?

Yep, LunarAds is going strong. The current SDK version is 1.8 and has been relevant for a long while (even with the recent Google Play store changes). Why? Because we just give you an area to display whatever ads you want inside your apps, whenever and wherever you want. There is really only one way to do that, built a solid SDK,  give you control, and get out of the way! :slight_smile:

We are working on a website dashboard refresh which should be available soon, but in all honestly the system works flawlessly and with thousands of developers using it daily without issue we are moving more methodical with our updates to keep everything running smooth (we think alot of networks change too often and keeps developers focused on changing ad SDK’s rather than building apps).

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or we can help you in anyway at all.

Richard

Yep, LunarAds is going strong. The current SDK version is 1.8 and has been relevant for a long while (even with the recent Google Play store changes). Why? Because we just give you an area to display whatever ads you want inside your apps, whenever and wherever you want. There is really only one way to do that, built a solid SDK,  give you control, and get out of the way! :slight_smile:

We are working on a website dashboard refresh which should be available soon, but in all honestly the system works flawlessly and with thousands of developers using it daily without issue we are moving more methodical with our updates to keep everything running smooth (we think alot of networks change too often and keeps developers focused on changing ad SDK’s rather than building apps).

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or we can help you in anyway at all.

Richard

Hi,

I am moving away from Chartboost and want to use Tapjoy. 

The reason is that Chartboost does not allow incentivized download and threatened to close my service if I do not change it immediately. It will not be done of course, so I have to find another service.

Can you comment on if I can use LunarAds for this? Do I get feedback on ad clicks and installs in the game? Is appwalls supported?

Best,

Renato

Hi Renato, 

You can use LunarAds for just about anything you want. Think of it as Adwhirl -only without the Google overlord.

It’s essentially ad space that you define and fill, using affiliate networks, ad networks SDK’s, or a few of our own partners such as Leadbolt and Pontiflex.

It’s also a cross promotional network, where your apps get automatically promoted across the network, and in contrast - you promote others apps, in all it’s just 5% of your traffic used for that, and another 5% used for internal network ads (LunarAds monetization).

Hope that helps, if not let me know and we can keep going with the thread -

Richard

Ok. I’ll start to check it out tonight. I’m reluctant to get stuck with another ad supplier like Chartboost again since its alot of work to integrate&design it and I want the freedom of choosing how I present or use an Ad in my app.

I like the freemium ideas from Candy crush and want to build and change my app so that I get some of the dynamics of that while easing on the “pay or go” idea of that app. Clicking on an ad is another way of paying and its likely that alot of youngsters out there will be doing it.

Tapjoy, Millenial media and Adfonic are probably the best with regards to fill rate. What network do you recommend with respect to high eCPM? I’we gotten eCPM from $29.92 to $176.5 after optimizing the setup in Chartboost.

Renato

Honestly, (and this is an much deeper subject than the gist of this forum), but doing direct affiliate marketing for CPI app offers from mobile affiliates would likely earn you the most money. There is a bit more work involved in running “your own show”, but you can use LunarAds to grab the offers from networks like MobPartner, or SponsorMob, and “fill your own inventory”, then show those throughout your app’s in the LunarAds Dashboard. You can earn more money this way because of the direct sales approach. For example, there are CPI (cost to install) offers on Mobpartner that pay over $3.00, if your app can generate 100 installs for every 1000 impressions that is a $300 CPM because you earn $3 on every install.

Richard

Well, sounds good in theory, so I hope it has the proper controls to set it up and get to those numbers. As long as the presentation of apps or other ads are served in a nice way, the customers are more likely to taste. Still, it has to taste good if you want them to eat it.

I’ll start to test it once I get version 1.3 up and going (its a major revision) and can start to improve download rate and stabilize customer base. The incentive will be controlled from a server now on, so that it can be time-limited and controlled in a way that I get some good data out of it. Then it should be easier to optimize with respect to CPM.

I hope to be at GDC Next in November. Do you plan to attend?

Renato

Hi,

I am moving away from Chartboost and want to use Tapjoy. 

The reason is that Chartboost does not allow incentivized download and threatened to close my service if I do not change it immediately. It will not be done of course, so I have to find another service.

Can you comment on if I can use LunarAds for this? Do I get feedback on ad clicks and installs in the game? Is appwalls supported?

Best,

Renato

Hi Renato, 

You can use LunarAds for just about anything you want. Think of it as Adwhirl -only without the Google overlord.

It’s essentially ad space that you define and fill, using affiliate networks, ad networks SDK’s, or a few of our own partners such as Leadbolt and Pontiflex.

It’s also a cross promotional network, where your apps get automatically promoted across the network, and in contrast - you promote others apps, in all it’s just 5% of your traffic used for that, and another 5% used for internal network ads (LunarAds monetization).

Hope that helps, if not let me know and we can keep going with the thread -

Richard

Ok. I’ll start to check it out tonight. I’m reluctant to get stuck with another ad supplier like Chartboost again since its alot of work to integrate&design it and I want the freedom of choosing how I present or use an Ad in my app.

I like the freemium ideas from Candy crush and want to build and change my app so that I get some of the dynamics of that while easing on the “pay or go” idea of that app. Clicking on an ad is another way of paying and its likely that alot of youngsters out there will be doing it.

Tapjoy, Millenial media and Adfonic are probably the best with regards to fill rate. What network do you recommend with respect to high eCPM? I’we gotten eCPM from $29.92 to $176.5 after optimizing the setup in Chartboost.

Renato

Honestly, (and this is an much deeper subject than the gist of this forum), but doing direct affiliate marketing for CPI app offers from mobile affiliates would likely earn you the most money. There is a bit more work involved in running “your own show”, but you can use LunarAds to grab the offers from networks like MobPartner, or SponsorMob, and “fill your own inventory”, then show those throughout your app’s in the LunarAds Dashboard. You can earn more money this way because of the direct sales approach. For example, there are CPI (cost to install) offers on Mobpartner that pay over $3.00, if your app can generate 100 installs for every 1000 impressions that is a $300 CPM because you earn $3 on every install.

Richard

Well, sounds good in theory, so I hope it has the proper controls to set it up and get to those numbers. As long as the presentation of apps or other ads are served in a nice way, the customers are more likely to taste. Still, it has to taste good if you want them to eat it.

I’ll start to test it once I get version 1.3 up and going (its a major revision) and can start to improve download rate and stabilize customer base. The incentive will be controlled from a server now on, so that it can be time-limited and controlled in a way that I get some good data out of it. Then it should be easier to optimize with respect to CPM.

I hope to be at GDC Next in November. Do you plan to attend?

Renato