I’ve realized I can look at the console window in my Xcode organizer when I’m testing on device to read any print statements/output I would expect to see while on the simulator. I’ve tried two different apps (with separate profiles/apps set up with purchases) and get the same result for each one:
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: transactionCallback: Received event storeTransaction
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: state: failed
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: errorType: invalidPayment
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: errorString: Cannot connect to iTunes Store
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: Transaction failed, type: invalidPayment Cannot connect to iTunes Store
The one app had worked some months ago… pretty confused why this would now be the case…
OK, somehow I was missing the glaring “! Note: You do not currently have a iOS Paid Apps contract” message at the top of my IAP summary in iTunes connect. That said, not sure how I went from having one to not having one?
I got that reset and now everything seems perfect except that even though I’ve signed out from the Store menu in Settings on my device, it still has me listed as my normal user profile if I try to make my IAP or Restore an IAP. I would have expected to have the opportunity to enter a Test user.
I’ve realized I can look at the console window in my Xcode organizer when I’m testing on device to read any print statements/output I would expect to see while on the simulator. I’ve tried two different apps (with separate profiles/apps set up with purchases) and get the same result for each one:
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: transactionCallback: Received event storeTransaction
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: state: failed
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: errorType: invalidPayment
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: errorString: Cannot connect to iTunes Store
Jan 31 14:44:04 unknown InAppPurchaseFramework[1718] <Warning>: Transaction failed, type: invalidPayment Cannot connect to iTunes Store
The one app had worked some months ago… pretty confused why this would now be the case…
OK, somehow I was missing the glaring “! Note: You do not currently have a iOS Paid Apps contract” message at the top of my IAP summary in iTunes connect. That said, not sure how I went from having one to not having one?
I got that reset and now everything seems perfect except that even though I’ve signed out from the Store menu in Settings on my device, it still has me listed as my normal user profile if I try to make my IAP or Restore an IAP. I would have expected to have the opportunity to enter a Test user.