Any updates?

I have not used corona viewer because I had lots of problems with it. Since there is no change log, I was just wondering has anything changed?

As far as I know CoronaViewer is working. When was the last time you tried?

What problems were you experiencing?

Rob

1. Corona support case 42302:

"Hello,

I did look at your project but it would take too much time to get it working because of all your plugins. We generally only accept small test apps not not full projects.

In talking to the engineers they think there is an issue with CoronaViewer and that it may be downloading your entire project when anything changes. Since your files contains lots of files, I think you are better off installing your app on the device for your testing instead of relying on Corona Viewer. We may be able to address CoronaViewer issues later but we don’t have the resources right now to deal with it."

1. Case 44340:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5swSg-cH4L6MEFiajBFelh1c1k/view?usp=sharing

Regarding the plugins, those need to be in the CoronaViewer build.settings. The actual app’s build.settings isn’t used by Corona Viewer.

I believe the problem with a large number of files is still present.

Rob

What about the syncing problem case 44340, which I did reply to, saying:

"Hello,

Thanks for sending in the video.

I was able to reproduce what I believe you are seeing. Let me tell you the steps I did to see if matches what works for you.

1. I built CoronaViewer project with build 2806 and installed in on an iPad Mini running iOS 9
  2. I copied the files from HelloWorld sample into the my dropbox Apps/CoronaViewer folder
  3. Started CoronaViewer and saw the “syncing” message and then the HelloWorld screen showed up.
  4. Loaded a couple other samples app files into the dropbox folder and those worked fine too.
  5. I modified main.lua in a working sample by creating a runtime error with the following line of code: print(“hello world”
    (notice the lack of a closing bracket).
  6. Saved the file and saw the “syncing” message and then a black screen and no error message in the console.

So I think your app is generating a runtime error and it’s causing the CoronaViewer to abort the code without giving you an error message. This is a bug in CoronaViewer that we need to fix.

One reason that you may be getting the runtime error in code that works fine if you build it for the device or run it in the simulator is if you didn’t include the plugins your app is using in the CoronaViewer’s build.settings file. As stated in CoronaViewer docs, the build.settings and config.lua files in the dropbox folder are NOT used with CoronaViewer and you must include those settings in CoronaViewer app and rebuild it.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue. If you are still having problems, we would need the actual project code that you are adding to the dropbox folder that shows the problem along with the CoronaViewer project code (especially the config.lua and build.settings files).

Regards,

Corona Labs - Support
support@coronalabs.com"

As far as I know CoronaViewer is working. When was the last time you tried?

What problems were you experiencing?

Rob

1. Corona support case 42302:

"Hello,

I did look at your project but it would take too much time to get it working because of all your plugins. We generally only accept small test apps not not full projects.

In talking to the engineers they think there is an issue with CoronaViewer and that it may be downloading your entire project when anything changes. Since your files contains lots of files, I think you are better off installing your app on the device for your testing instead of relying on Corona Viewer. We may be able to address CoronaViewer issues later but we don’t have the resources right now to deal with it."

1. Case 44340:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5swSg-cH4L6MEFiajBFelh1c1k/view?usp=sharing

Regarding the plugins, those need to be in the CoronaViewer build.settings. The actual app’s build.settings isn’t used by Corona Viewer.

I believe the problem with a large number of files is still present.

Rob

What about the syncing problem case 44340, which I did reply to, saying:

"Hello,

Thanks for sending in the video.

I was able to reproduce what I believe you are seeing. Let me tell you the steps I did to see if matches what works for you.

1. I built CoronaViewer project with build 2806 and installed in on an iPad Mini running iOS 9
  2. I copied the files from HelloWorld sample into the my dropbox Apps/CoronaViewer folder
  3. Started CoronaViewer and saw the “syncing” message and then the HelloWorld screen showed up.
  4. Loaded a couple other samples app files into the dropbox folder and those worked fine too.
  5. I modified main.lua in a working sample by creating a runtime error with the following line of code: print(“hello world”
    (notice the lack of a closing bracket).
  6. Saved the file and saw the “syncing” message and then a black screen and no error message in the console.

So I think your app is generating a runtime error and it’s causing the CoronaViewer to abort the code without giving you an error message. This is a bug in CoronaViewer that we need to fix.

One reason that you may be getting the runtime error in code that works fine if you build it for the device or run it in the simulator is if you didn’t include the plugins your app is using in the CoronaViewer’s build.settings file. As stated in CoronaViewer docs, the build.settings and config.lua files in the dropbox folder are NOT used with CoronaViewer and you must include those settings in CoronaViewer app and rebuild it.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue. If you are still having problems, we would need the actual project code that you are adding to the dropbox folder that shows the problem along with the CoronaViewer project code (especially the config.lua and build.settings files).

Regards,

Corona Labs - Support
support@coronalabs.com"